Join now - be part of our community!

Isn't The Battery Meant To Last Longer?!?!?!?

dokmh
Visitor

Isn't The Battery Meant To Last Longer?!?!?!?

Been using my VAIO since I got in from work exactly 33 minutes ago...
The battery has gone down from 100% to 64%, I understand that using WLAN uses more battery (or so I've been informed anyway) but isn't my battery meant to last longer?
It's telling me I only have 1 hour 22 minutes left.

If this is normal please excuse my rant, I'm new to the world of laptops, just got this one yesterday!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi dokmh and welcome to Club Vaio.

Your AR61M is more of a desktop computer replacement than a mobile laptop - so don't expect miracles from the battery. If you look at the specifications for your model here: -

http://vaio.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProduct.action?product=VGN-AR61M&site=voe_en_GB_cons&category=VN+AR+...

you will see the average battery life is given as 95 minutes and quote: -

"Actual battery life will vary depending on your specific hardware and software configurations. Benchmark: MobileMark 2007"

Are you using the original Operting System - Vista Home Premium? Have you got the power settings to "VAIO Optimised"?

Enjoy your Vaio!

:thinking:

dokmh
Visitor

90 minutes?
I guess I can live with that.
Didn't realise that it would only last that long though, guess I should have done a bit more reasearch into it before I bought it.
I don't mind anyway, I think it's an amazing machine... Anything is better than the desktop I've been slogging away on for the past 6 years - 755Mhz processor and about 512Mb RAM - this is the bee's knees compared to that!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Yes, it's a great machine but that super screen and other powerful components do drain the poor battery quickly .

I would keep it connected to the mains adapter when watching Blu-Ray Films though!!

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

90 minutes? Luxury lol

I'm lucky to get near an hour with the AR

mgben
Visitor

If your after battery life with the AR61M, you can change the power plan to - Power saver. I got about 2 half hours from mine the other day. I was only browing the web though. If I was doing any of my graphic deisgn or media work, i would be lucky to get an hour.

Still not to bad for such a beast of a machine.