Join now - be part of our community!

n21s dvd drive

a4dil
Visitor

n21s dvd drive

I have sony n21s notebook which i have had for 9 months.

over the last few days i have had problems with my dvd drive.

each times i enter a disc the time taken to load the disc is longer and the drive makes more noises than before.

i used to nero7 to burn avi data discs successfully, however the data verification fails. i never use to have this problem before.

ive tried nero 8 and the burn process is successful but data verfication fails.

when i use the verbatim dvd disc to play in my sony hxd870 dvd player which can play divx data discs, the player rejects it and gives a message of inreadable disc.

i also used windows explorer to burn to disc which was successful. then tried it on the dvd player which rejected it again.

2 REPLIES 2
a4dil
Visitor

ive also tried nero vision, windows dvd maker and click to dvd but the dvd are unreadable on all dvd players, also the computer's drive does not read the discs

carloscerros
Visitor

Hi a4dil,

If you hear abnormal noise when reading medias (+ failure @ verification) with ODD, it might be HW issue.

To ensure if HW issue, full recovery your computer at his factory settings and try again burning DVD + verification. If issue persists => HW issue & ODD replacement in warranty (if computer still in warranty)