Join now - be part of our community!

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Drivers issue

chris_vaio_uk
Visitor

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Drivers issue

Hi,

I have a Vaio VGN-FE41S, on the vista blog there is a link of drivers which cause SP1 trouble. Here is what it says

SigmaTel
•For x86-based computers: Sthda.sys - version 5.10.5762.0 or earlier
•For x64-based computers: Sthda64.sys - version 5.10.5762.0 or earlier
SigmaTel
•For x86-based computers: Stwrt.sys - version 6.10.5511.0 or earlier
•For x64-based computers: Stwrt64.sys - version 6.10.5511.0 or earlier

I'm sure this is the cause of me being unable to get SP1. Now if you go to the SigmaTel website they say they do not support the updating of drivers !!!

"SigmaTel does not support end-user products, please contact the manufacturer of your device for customer support, software or driver downloads."

So do I have to just wait for Sony to update the drivers?

7 REPLIES 7
carloscerros
Visitor

Hi chris_vaio_uk,

Have you got a 64bit Windows Vista?

chris_vaio_uk
Visitor

I have Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium, with all updates (windows update)... up-to-date !!!

carloscerros
Visitor

Hi chris_vaio_uk,

I recommend you to ignore the update proposed by Vista SP1 because update from Sony portal = "SigmaTel Audio Driver 6.10.5379.0 "

Supposed "UPDATE" from SP1 for Vista seems NOT to be updated !!!

chris_vaio_uk
Visitor

So do I have to just wait for Sony to update the drivers?

Would it be stupid of me to download SP1 direct from Microsoft Download Center?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi chris_vaio_uk

Sony are aware of the issue and are looking into the problem.. :wink:

Have you downloaded and installed the Microsoft Hotfix KB937287 Update, if not you can download the update using the following link: Microsoft Hotfix Package KB937287

The hotfix is a prerequisite for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1).

Please read the following Microsoft KB article for further details: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937287

chris_vaio_uk
Visitor

Hi there, still no luck.

I downloaded the Microsoft Hotfix KB937287 Update and ran it. But it started to run, said it was updating in a box, then the window just closed and nothing happened. I have been back to the Windows Update application and checked for new updates again with no luck. Im not sure though if you meant I was supposed to see SP1 or if I still have to wait for Sony to release the audio drivers?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Im not sure though if you meant I was supposed to see SP1 or if I still have to wait for Sony to release the audio drivers?

Sony should provide the SigmaTel Audio Driver update to solve the Vista SP1 installation problem..