Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless Switch Utility - remove icon from the system tray?

tekp
Visitor

Wireless Switch Utility - remove icon from the system tray?

Is there any way to permanently remove the little green square 'LAN' icon from my system tray? 😕

I realise I can just right click and click 'Exit' but it just loads up again next time I load windows..

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tekp

This will stop the wireless Switch Utility from running when you start your Vaio..

Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools then click Task Scheduler..

Click Continue on the User Account Control window.

In task scheduler window you should see three sections, Overview of Task Scheduler, then below this Task Status and finally at the bottom Active tasks..

In task scheduler go to the bottom section of the centre column (called active tasks)

Double click WSSU and in the new window, on the right hand column, click on Disable...

tekp
Visitor

I ended up uninstalling it anyways.. but I've done that as well now just in case ^_^

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

CareyGunn
Visitor

Hi

I was thinking maybe you could help me do the inverse ...! My WSU icon no longer appears in the system tray. It used to and then suddenly now doesn't. I tried using your instructions (below) backwards, but no luck.

Any help gratefully received!

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Carey Gunn,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

What model vaio do you have.?

Can you manually launch the Wireless Switch Utility.?

Double click on Computer, then Local Disk (C:)

Then double click on Program Files, followed by Sony.

Finally double click on Wireless Switch Setting Utility.

Double click on Switcher.exe

Does the application launch.?

CareyGunn
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

Thank you for responding to my query. Unfortunately, between the time I posted and your response, my laptop has since had further, more disturbing "blue screen" issues which I've had to send my computer away for :slight_frown: . Will keep you posted.

Thanks again!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, I hope your vaio is returned to you soon.. :slight_smile: