Join now - be part of our community!

3G, Wifi and 32 GB memory?

profile.country.en_GB.title
ballueder
Visitor

3G, Wifi and 32 GB memory?

Hi,

I understand that one cannot play any media on the tablet S from the media card or USB port. However, to properly operate with enough memory, I would wish for:

- 32 GB internal memory (or 64 if possible)

All of that on a 3G and WIFI enabled device.

I would buy that tomorrow, just cannot understand why Sony isn't getting the right specs out. 16GB are too small, particularly with the above problem.

Any answers/ideas?

Or is the iPad the only solution?

Best,

Volker

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
omar_g@ap64
Visitor

Hi Volker,

You have a couple of options.

You can use a larger SD card. You can play files from directly from the card using 3rd party apps from Android Market. So if you want 3G and 64GB, it is possible.

You can purchase a 32GB Wi-Fi model and add a Mi-Fi unit for 3G access anywhere.

Hope that helps

Omar

ballueder
Visitor

Hi Omar,

Thanks, you make me curious...

What is the maximum SD card size I can put in? E.g. what programm do I need to play files from the external SD card, e.g. could I have one SD card for movies, one for music and then plug and play?

I'd definitely prefer the 3G version. Do you think Sony will actually put out a 32 GB version of the 3G one?

Thanks for your help,

Best

Volker

PratishK
Visitor

hi ballueder,

I confirm I have a 64gb sdxc card and it works in my 32gd sony.

you have to ensure you normat it to fat32 see xda forums for more help, someone there uses a 128gb card! I had to use special software (free) to format the card, something like easeus partition manager.

third party apps I use are poweramp for music and mx video player for video. works a treat.

link to xda forums

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1294

thanks

Gerdy2011
Visitor

I can confirm that I have done this with my 32Gb unit and a Three MiFi unit - works a treat.  Didnt seem reasonable to opt for the lower capacity 16Gb 3G model.  The guys in the Sony store were unable to confirm if 3G would ever be available on the 32Gb or whether there are plans for a 64Gb WiFi 3G model.

16Gb Wifi Model:     £399

32Gb Wifi Model:   £479

16Gb 3G Model:      £499

Mifi unit:                    £49 on existing monthly rolling data plan

...et voila .. a 3G enabled (over WiFi) 32Gb Sony Tablet

mpattenden
New

I have the same setup as gerdy and for the same reasons - although negotiated the mifi unit for free (changed from a usb stick).

I can also recommend the mx video app.

hth

Padster