Join now - be part of our community!

Annoying pink tint at the right of the lower screen

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
stwilli98
New

Annoying pink tint at the right of the lower screen

Hi,

I received a lovely Tablet P as a christmas present, and very happy apart from an annoyingly noticable pink tint on the lower screen (in fact, both displays seem to be calibrated differently). Although not noticeabled on the desktop, when trying to read a book with the reader app this is very distracting.

I appreciate that it may be dfifficult to guarantee perfect matching on a dual screen device, but for 500 pounds I would hope at least white whould look white, not pink!

Is this a problem with the hardware, should I get the unit replaced, or is there some easy solution?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

you cannot solve this yourself

contact sony customer support

this is a known issue for this model, ask for a swap.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

you cannot solve this yourself

contact sony customer support

this is a known issue for this model, ask for a swap.

stwilli98
New

Thanks breedBenR, I'll pop along to the Sony Store tomorrow and see what they say...

stwilli98
New

Short update - went to the Sony Store, they said that they couldn't do anything unless Sony issued an official statement acknowledging the problem (even though they could clearly see that the screen isn't good quality).

I didn't realise that Sony stores aren't actually owned by Sony themselves (more of a reseller) but apparently somebody from Sony will be around next week and they're interested in observing the problem.  Think I'd be better off taliking to Sony myself rather than go through the middle man. Let's see what happens...