Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iplayer

profile.country.en_GB.title
aeaton
Visitor

BBC iplayer

hi

I am after some help!

have tried to download the Iplayer app but it incompatible with the sony tablet. is that correct ?

thanks

Message was edited by: aeaton

Message was edited by: aeaton

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
godzilla11
New

Hi,

been in contact with bbc about this I am guessing sony/bbc will not sort this out until android 4 comes to the tablet and if it does not come then maybe we will regret buying it.my wifes mobile phone has a brilliant iplayer app which makes the tablet look very thumbs down.

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/tablets/

sony replied sending me a link for the bbc iplayer on the android market although i told them there isnt one for the sony tablet LOL shocking did you not read what i sent in on the email!!!

but they did include this handy link but otherwise another black mark for sony customer service.

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/mobile_iplayer/mobile_phone

profile.country.GB.title
godzilla11
New

bbc i player app has now appeared on android for download - but all it does is take you to the bbc i player mobile site no change from typing in bbc iplayer on google search - rubbish! and when i updated adobe player maybe hoping because it needs the update first the wedge shape fault was back so uninstall x2!!

cbpete
Visitor

hi guys,

I have no problem with iplayer.  I have the bbc as my home page and go to iplayer and all works fine

pete

profile.country.GB.title
godzilla11
New

Hi cbpete,

does it go to the bbcmobile site? no live tv? no live radio only repeats?

a poor version!

Message was edited by: godzilla11

Message was edited by: godzilla11

cbpete
Visitor

hi godzilla11,

the home page I have on tablet is the same as I have on my laptop. the picture is even good when enlarged to fit screen.  not tried the radio.

pete

profile.country.GB.title
godzilla11
New

hi,

if you click on the bbc i player, what does it say on the web address at the top mine automatically changes to bbc iplayer mobile. does it say mobile in the web address?

cbpete
Visitor

hi

yes it does say mobile in the address .

pete