Join now - be part of our community!

bluetooth internet tethering

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
discobarry
Visitor

bluetooth internet tethering

I've benn trying to get my tabket to use the internet connection on my mobile phone (iPhone 3G) by connecting via bluetooth.

I can pair the two devices but that is as far as I can get. From reading other android forums it does seem possible, but I can seem to find all the option that are required, are they missing?

on another note,  posting to this forum from the tablet is painful,

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I'll replace this post as it seems it was incorrectly branched off..

streffie wrote:

Hi, I have had the same problem with tethering, the 3g and 3gs doesnt allow tethering with wifi, where the 4 does, im due an upgrade but im holding out for the iphone 5 .

Link to post above is HERE

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

For the tethering, you may need to download an APP that does so from the Android Market.

But note that most Apps that do Bluetooth Tether, use the wifi for internet and port it through to a bluetooth connetion. You want it the other way around... it might not yet exist.

Regarding the posting on this forum: yes, it appears the sms style keyboard is triggered to popup as input, where one would like another keyboard, where words appear before you press the spacebar and where the cursor virtual keys work.

The posting part of this forum is not yet optimized for the tablet.

You can set you tablet keyboard to operate a little bit better, with the settings below.

You cannot yet cut copy or paste when typing a text to post UNLESS you go to HTML-edit button (upper right corner)

You cannot yet not move the cursor in  the post with the virtual keyboard, only with your finger.

Other tips

long-press  the ?123 button, and you can turn off the word suggest and make the  number keys show by default, not only when you have to type in  telephone, pwd, postalcode....

If you install a 3rd party virtual keyboard from the App market, you can also select it that way.

I  think to make the cursor move requires some modification of the  text-input javascript on this forum. right now the cursor moves the blue  selection box over this page. the text-input box on the forum page is  not properly coded for the android 3.x browser to recognise it as such.  Unlike the more simple text input fields for login, pwds, adresses that  appear on various webpages elsewhere. This is something for Sony Forum  technicians to adress, it is only on this forum (so far) that the  keyboard works so-so.

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I'll replace this post as it seems it was incorrectly branched off..

streffie wrote:

Hi, I have had the same problem with tethering, the 3g and 3gs doesnt allow tethering with wifi, where the 4 does, im due an upgrade but im holding out for the iphone 5 .

Link to post above is HERE

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

yes, sorry, thanks for fixing

profile.country.en_GB.title
truffled
Visitor

I have the same problem.  Both the tablet and my phone recognize each other but they dont connect, ive either lost the 'connect button'

or -

I read on a site (sorry cant remember which, and it wasnt sony specific) that only 3.2 froyo and later phones can

be tethered.  Mine, unfortunately is 3.1.  This maybe why I cant connect.

Has anyone else tried tethering, if it worked, was it 3.1 or 3.2?