Join now - be part of our community!

bootloader/rooting

profile.country.en_GB.title
G3X_Leko
Visitor

bootloader/rooting

I am well aware that rooting and custom roms void my warranty but it is my right to void a warranty of a product I own.

It is not a coincidence that samsung and htc who both work with the rom dev community are also the biggest selling android OEMs after all who do you think it is who buys your products first.

So my question is, I like your hardware but I really dont think much of your software

does the tablet have a locked or unlocked bootloader, and if it is locked will you be releasing a method to unlock the bootloader (like on the new xperia range) for those that want to.

I need that question answerd befor I buy one

Message was edited by: G3X_Leko

Message was edited by: G3X_Leko

7 REPLIES 7
G3X_Leko
Visitor

bump

No one got any ideas on this

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi G3X_Leko,

We are all just Sony users on the forum. You need to address your questions direct to Sony if you require a definitive answer.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
G3X_Leko
Visitor

Chears i didnt no that

i have tryed there twitter, facebook and official devloper portal but I have not been getting a reply so i hought i would try here oh well

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi G3X_Leko,

I am not sure that this will be of any help but try contacting Sony Customer Services:

Sony United Kingdom a division of Sony Europe Limited
Jays Close
Viables
Basingstoke RG22 4SB
Telephone: +44 (0)845 6000 124
Last Updated: 2011

If they are unable to help they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
thecoulson
Visitor

Bump - this is important !

Omar - can you help please ?!

Thanks - much appreciated.

mpattenden
New

I doubt Sony will help as you state rooting will more than likely void the warranty - I want ntfs support and have found an app that do it will and is even supported on the advent vega but it requires rooting. I Don't want to do that but do hope Sony may eventually support in the same manner.

I did find another site that may help what you are looking for afterall as you say you own it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1294

hth

Padster

G3X_Leko
Visitor

They are having a awful time over at xda to even get root, and after contacting sony via every means possible to find out if it has a locked bootloader and still got no reply

I got a galaxy tab 10.1 in the end that way I no i will have ice cream sandwich in the next week

its a sham as the tablet s was really nice but it lagged like hell every time i played with one I have a strange feeling it is very badly optimised