Join now - be part of our community!

Can I edit Word documents on a Tablet P?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
JaneWilliams20
Visitor

Can I edit Word documents on a Tablet P?

I love the look of the little folding tablet, but one of my uses for a netbook replacement is to edit smallish (say 9K word) documents - Word format would be good, RTF would do. I know the keyboard's going to be tiny, but I used to use a Psion 5 mx for the same purpose, and if I can cope with that, I can probably cope with this.  Does it have a word processor, though? I'm not expecting a full copy of Office, this is Android not Windows, but the spec doesn't say anything about any form of file editing, not even Notepad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
--steve--
New

being android, you can download applications from the marketplace to edit word documents.  having a quick look, documents to go 3.0 seems to be very good. its free for just viewing office documents, or you can upgrade for $15 to be able to edit them too.

for more simple applications that will create rtf files, im sure there will be lots of free applications.

hope this helps

Stephen

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
--steve--
New

being android, you can download applications from the marketplace to edit word documents.  having a quick look, documents to go 3.0 seems to be very good. its free for just viewing office documents, or you can upgrade for $15 to be able to edit them too.

for more simple applications that will create rtf files, im sure there will be lots of free applications.

hope this helps

Stephen

adambowie
Visitor

I think that you have two choices. There's Documents To Go or Quickoffice Pro, neither of which are free. I've not used either them, so couldn't tell you how they were work with the various  flavours of Office. And of course I don't know how complex your documents are. Anyway you may want to try one or both of them.

Adam

JaneWilliams20
Visitor

Hello? Anyone?

Edit -

I had replied to your thread but for some strange reason the post became detached from the thread - see the post HERE

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

profile.country.de_DE.title
King_bob.
Explorer

olive office if free, but unfortunatly rotates the screen, and kingsoft office,not free, and has a typing issue though.

mpattenden
New

Being  Android you could use google docs which would be free.

Also I did get office pro5 when it was on offer and it was working very well in fact better than google docs but I have an issue with it syncing with google docs at the moment but it is very functional. I would imagine for what you want google docs may be the free answer.

hth

Padster

JaneWilliams20
Visitor

Thanks, but Google Docs only works while online. Since the world does not consist of infinite areas of free Wifi, this would be a bit limiting.

heavygoods
Visitor

Quickoffice Pro HD is excellent on the S - no idea how it would be on the P though ...

JaneWilliams20
Visitor

Thansk - since the original question, I've bought an S, so this helps a lot :slight_smile: