Join now - be part of our community!

Can I throw streaming movies?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
preedy
Explorer

Can I throw streaming movies?

Is it possible for me to throw a streaming movie from a Sony s to a compatable TV?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forum

Sadly streaming operates by sending packets of data to the TV or receiving device and since it is stored on the Tablet, it is capable of doing. As streaming is a direct feed, the ability of Throw is not possible to do. It would be nice to do this but it is not supported unless content is stored on the product itself.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forum

Sadly streaming operates by sending packets of data to the TV or receiving device and since it is stored on the Tablet, it is capable of doing. As streaming is a direct feed, the ability of Throw is not possible to do. It would be nice to do this but it is not supported unless content is stored on the product itself.

Hope that helps.

preedy
Explorer

OK Thanks for the reply

aph485
Visitor

I must say that not everything that is stored on your tablet s is indeed able to be thrown via dlna, I have only been able to throw pics and some music and some vids taken on phone (transferred via btooth), none of my stored films have been able to be thrown. I cannot explain it but there you go.