Join now - be part of our community!

chineese s1

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
mendetrajkovski
Visitor

chineese s1

hi,

i bought an s1 in china. moving back to sweden in a couple of weeks and i want to update the sw to swedish standard. in chineese there are a lot of restrictions. no appstore in western language only chineese. no reader store. preloaded with chineese facebook qq and so on. desperatly need help. if i knew this i would have bought the fruit company tablet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hej and welcome to the forum.

As mentioned before, Google restricts their O/S to various regions such as America, Middle/Far East and Europe and as part of that agreement, Sony have to follow these guidelines and ensure the product meets this standard. What this is going to mean is that in theory, your firmware cannot be overwritten by a European version as it will be seen as a different region based model.

The real test would be if you have 3.1 and upgrade to 3.2 in Sweden. If it works, I don't think the above statement would be 100% accurate however since the update is just an update, it will not overwrite the core functionality such as keyboard/western language support.

It is something I wish was more known or made publically aware but as with everything, the whole limitation is difficult to print or be known prior to sale.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hej and welcome to the forum.

As mentioned before, Google restricts their O/S to various regions such as America, Middle/Far East and Europe and as part of that agreement, Sony have to follow these guidelines and ensure the product meets this standard. What this is going to mean is that in theory, your firmware cannot be overwritten by a European version as it will be seen as a different region based model.

The real test would be if you have 3.1 and upgrade to 3.2 in Sweden. If it works, I don't think the above statement would be 100% accurate however since the update is just an update, it will not overwrite the core functionality such as keyboard/western language support.

It is something I wish was more known or made publically aware but as with everything, the whole limitation is difficult to print or be known prior to sale.

Hope that helps.