Join now - be part of our community!

Connect dSLR to Tablet S

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
perfect20
Visitor

Connect dSLR to Tablet S

On location shoots with my A700 & A100 I generally sit at the end of shoots and show the captured images to the model on the back of the cameras. I mainly shoot jpeg, and occasionally RAW.

Now I'm thinking if I can plug my A700 into the Tablet, I'd get a better view of the images.

I only use CF cards in the A700.
Will the Tablet support Sony RAW (ARW) files?

Is anyone already doing this with their Sony dSLR and Tablet?

Thanks

Gerry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
smellyonion
New

I presume that the usb cable for the camera is micro usb male to usb male? so all you would need is a micro usb male to usb FEMALE. aka a"usb host"adapter .

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the Sony forum

I use the NEX-5 and have imported from my camera to the Tablet. You will need the suitable cable to complete this but the transfer is quite smooth in all honesty.

The downside is that RAW/ARW files are not directly supported. I had to go via a third party app called "Rawvision" which lets me just look at the ARW files and convert if required. Although the res makes the images look softer or out of focus but I need to test more on that aspect.

It is a bit of a shame since if I then go over to my iPad, it natively supports the Sony ARW format within its own gallery program. No need for conversion.

perfect20
Visitor

Thanks, I presume as the NEX stystem is supported the Alpha cameras will also be supported.

With reference to the cable you used, was this a cable you purchased from Sony, or a 3rd party supplier?

Thanks for your help in this matter

charlieromeomike
Visitor

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I use a Canon DSLR and would like to download images away from home directly onto the tablet but cannot find a cable that will connect my mini usb socket on my camera to my tablet S.

Can you tell me what cable you use?

smellyonion
New

I presume that the usb cable for the camera is micro usb male to usb male? so all you would need is a micro usb male to usb FEMALE. aka a"usb host"adapter .

charlieromeomike
Visitor

Thanks very much, appreciate that. I was looking for a cable but the adaptor should work great.