Join now - be part of our community!

Copying photos to gallery

profile.country.en_GB.title
pavr27
Visitor

Copying photos to gallery

Hi, I seem to be unable to copy photos to the gallery. I use dropbox to which i have uploaded photos from my iPhone. I can view the photos on my tablet, via dropbox, and when I select to save the photo to the Gallery, it appears to process the request, but when I then go into the gallery, there is no sign of the photo.

Any ideas? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Eddie86
Visitor

with dropbox, check where the picture is being downloaded to. I personally use fish bowl pictures as it has a media scanner in the advanced settings.

Or an easier way is to upload your photos to picasa. they will then automatically appear in the gallery with an option to make available offline

Ed

pavr27
Visitor

thanks for the reply. i have found that dropbox is downloading to the com.dropbox.android folde. not helpful, as i assumed pictures would be downloaded to somewhere where the gallery can access them.

i guess there is no way around this?

as another option i have been playing with picasa. i like this option as, as u say, it syncs to the gallery. so all i need to do now is work out how to sync (or just the ability to up!oad to picasa would do) from my iphone to picasa!

Eddie86
Visitor

googling gave me shozu and pixup. I've never used apple products so I can't be more help I'm afraid

Ed

pavr27
Visitor

ok, still not resolved.how do i copy photos to my gallery?: i use sugarsync, or dropbox to view photos uploaded from my iphone on my tablet, but how do i copy them to the tablet gallery? surely this cant be difficult???

pavr27
Visitor

bump

profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

Hi Pavr27,

Once you've downloaded your pictures from Dropbox and located them on your tablet, you can move the pictures files with a File Manager app and move them to the gallery. I use File Manager HD or ES File Expert; they both do the job 😉 and you'll even be able to view them without moving, directly from FL HD or ES FE: there's is a gallery function.

Tell us...

pavr27
Visitor

thanks for that, certainly helpful, but i was hoping there might be less manual way of doing it, all i want is to be able to upload pics from anywhere (phone, pc) to the 'cloud', and then easily access them in the gallery without having to find them on the tablet first.

i guess i should just buy an ipad :wink: