Join now - be part of our community!

DNLA ps3 and tablet

profile.country.en_GB.title
adz648
Visitor

DNLA ps3 and tablet

Help needed

I have a seagate home network drive with built in media server using dnla

I access this with my 2 sony blueray players and my ps3    and more recently my new tablet s

the problem I have is ive converted most of my 1200gb of films into avi to suit my ps3 & BR players

and now I read that my new tablet does not support avi files

any recommendations on what to do for the best  

I am currently using the bubbleupnp as a work around but its not great

ideally I wanted to use the seagateshare software but this only uses the default  video player which on my tablet does not support avi

thanks

Tags (4)
12 REPLIES 12
adz648
Visitor

I know

you would think buying all sony gadgets, would mean they would all work together  using the same video and audio support   but No

sound like one devision of sony isnt talking to the other       come on sony get a move on and sort out a set of standards for all your gear

thats why apple are doing so well  

speedmason
Visitor

having same problem have brava tv an ps3. the ps3 will play most files and yes most ov mine are avi which tv will not play. i have got round this by useing Sevieo meadia server works great acsept i have to have the computer on.

Now i have a sony tablet which plays mp4 so even if i covert my files to mp4 to play on tab i cant trow them at the tv becus the tv dose not suport mp4. this means i have to have all video an mp4 and what ever my tv will play but having problems finding that one out.

SONY you stink some times.

Message was edited by: -Cass-

mpattenden
New

mx video player from the market place will play avi and mkv in fact most files I've tried.

hth

Padster

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

for 2011 models of Bravia, BluRay and PS3 they have moved to mp4 - part of problem is pre-2011 models,
which do not get the type of firmware updates that add originally not supported formats.

speedmason
Visitor

i have brava kdl-32ex403 dose not play video i throw at it

adz648
Visitor

I have just manually updated all my devices despite being set to auto update

now playing mp4,s on all

sorry sony my bad

does anyone know a good all video type to mp4  convertor

preferably one you can do batch conversions with auto file names as I have 1200gb  to convert   

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

I've used Handbrake to convert DVDs to MP4 and have used it recently to get videos on to my tablet. Works fine

profile.country.it_IT.title
brorm2tsmac
Visitor
creynish
Visitor

Can you also throw them onto your TV