Join now - be part of our community!

Holding the tablet with wedge side facing down?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
chanalb
Visitor

Holding the tablet with wedge side facing down?

I find it more comfortable when holding the tablet in landscape mode to have the wedge side facing down, however the tablet doesn't seem to adjust the screen to this orientation, it only seems to adjust to landscape mode when the wedge side is at the top.

Is there an option to enable this?

Or is not supported?

Any chance this would get added?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

there is a payed app, "orientation control" in the market.

it allows to switch to "reversed Landscape" (wanted in first post) and to force "reversed Portrait" (so you can hold the roundside when playing that game) besides normal landscape and normal portrait.

you can override the "autorotate" of the tablet with it.

it works with the tablet S.

The switch sits in the notification bar once you install.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

Hi. I presume it is not implemented yet but it would be nice if they do it...

:slight_smile:

smellyonion
New

agreed, especially when you try to play a game it really digs in.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

I'll pass you comments on..:smileyhappy:

I'm guessing there is a reason that the screen does not rotate when 'upside down' for one the Remote control function would not work correctly so some user may get confused..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Just thought that I'd let you know that the Tablet team have been made aware of your comments but unfortunately I have not had any feedback as to wether this is something they will implement or not..

smellyonion
New

I would imaging that you could accidentally presx the buttons by mistake if its upside-down . the real problem is some apps you cannot rotate the screen when vertical. the spine is mostly on the right and those who are not left handed find it uncomfortable.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

the real problem is some apps you cannot rotate the screen when  vertical. the spine is mostly on the right and those who are not left  handed find it uncomfortable.

Can you give some examples..:smileyconfused:

smellyonion
New

all of the apps, which are native in vertical, the spine is on the right, meaning you hold the tablet with your right and use your left for the screen which is fine for people who are left handed but those who are right handed have to hold using their lefy on the thin edge as the screen wont rotate.

I have tried tom the cat , monster ate my homework. it only happens in apps which are native to run vertical.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

there is a payed app, "orientation control" in the market.

it allows to switch to "reversed Landscape" (wanted in first post) and to force "reversed Portrait" (so you can hold the roundside when playing that game) besides normal landscape and normal portrait.

you can override the "autorotate" of the tablet with it.

it works with the tablet S.

The switch sits in the notification bar once you install.