Join now - be part of our community!

Homepage

profile.country.en_GB.title
creynish
Visitor

Homepage

Can you get to the homepage when in web easier than having to scroll all they way up and going into favourites

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

When you long press on the "Back" button (left arrow, left behind on the screen), you'll access the list of the previous visited links and you can "jump" to one of them by 'clicking' it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi creynish,

another option..

You could try using the Quick Control option in Lab settings.. (example image below)

Google QC.JPG

One  of the ideas behind Quick Controls is to hide the tool/address bar in  order to give more space to web page content, it can be tricky to get  the hang of at first though..

Once you have enabled quick control hold your finger on the far right of the browser screen & the Quick Controls should appear.

Without  lifting your finger slide your finger to the shortcut icon (one with a small star) your bookmarks should appear..

Then simply press the Home icon..:smileyhappy:

creynish
Visitor

Interesting both work and i had tried the quick launch but oddly neither take you to home page

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

creynish wrote:

Interesting both work and i had tried the quick launch but oddly neither take you to home page

Are you sure because the following works for me..:smileyconfused:

Hold your finger on the far right of the browser screen & the Quick Controls should appear.

Without lifting your finger, slide your finger to the shortcut icon (one with a small star) your bookmarks should appear..

Towards the top of your bokmarks window press the Home icon & the the web page that has been set as the home page will appear..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

creynish wrote:

Hi,

I just wanted to check the when you mention Home page your are referring to the web browser home page..

b1gm1k3
Visitor

Hiya,

Can you just open a new tab by clicking on the + icon next to the tabs at the top of the screen? You do not need to scroll up, as these are always displayed (for me anyway!). The previous tab can then be closed down if need be. This takes me to my homepage in one click.

Hope this helps!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You can also touch and release the tab that you are on. 

This will reveal the status bar thus no need to scroll to top of page.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat