Join now - be part of our community!

How do you close apps?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
alglais
New

How do you close apps?

Hi just picked up my Tablet S 32GB yesterday and so far I'm very pleased with it.

However after I've played with it a bit I can't figure out how you close down applications you've finished with and as a result I finish up with a huge list of (I think) open apps when you press the app list icon.

Any and all help appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
G3X_Leko
Visitor

Dont bother with task managers they havent been needed since android 1.6

honeycomb automatically closes a app if you don't open it again after a certain time of if your tablet goes into standby witch ever happens first

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

Android doesn't usually close apps, cos apparently (I heard it on the grapevine) it costs more battery to close the app than to just keep it open.  It generally closes the app if and only if it needs the resources.

To force closure, go to System Settings, Applications, Running Services, and you can close them there.

http://www.nyanko.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/chamb/images/vvandhmain.gif

"That is what I think anyway"

profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

Oh, and you can also get apps that will do it: just search for Task Killers.  Though you do need to be careful not to shut down essential services: again, just read people's comments :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

G3X_Leko
Visitor

Dont bother with task managers they havent been needed since android 1.6

honeycomb automatically closes a app if you don't open it again after a certain time of if your tablet goes into standby witch ever happens first