Join now - be part of our community!

How to do I get the Dulashock Controller to work with games on the S Tablet?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
shdabin48

How to do I get the Dulashock Controller to work with games on the S Tablet?

I hooked a DS3 controller via USB and it doesnt work! I thought You could play games with an external controller like the DS3? So I hooked it up and it doesnt work.....

How do I get an external Playstation controller (DS3) to work with games on the tablet?

The odd thing is..I bought a game, I went to wallet, it had my funds from my PSN account so I just bought a game that way BUT it doesnt show up on my PS3 download list so I can play it on my PS3/PSP too....like the games I have already bought like FFVII do not show up in downloads on the tablet...

Frustrating this controller thing is....how do I use a Playstastion controller externally to play games on the tablet...I thought this was a given fact to work?

TIA

skidpro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Few questions raised so I will try and run through them all.

At the moment, the PS3 controlled does not function with the Playstation games from the store. It may be possible that an update in the future does allow this but at this moment in time, no functionality for it. For the time being, it will have to be on screen controls. I went out and got myself one of these. It helps playing games on a touch screen device.

http://tenonedesign.com/fling.php

Now the thing mentioned in another post is that the store for games is different to the Playstation Network for the PS3 (most likely for now) as each game is optimised to function on the Tablet S and some also for the Xperia Play. Items that you have downloaded on your PS3 will not show on your Tablet as part of your download list and vice versa.

You need to bear in mind that whilst this may be a disappointment now but give it time as it is early days. There is a lot of scope for movement so all we can do is look forward to new titles and intergration.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Few questions raised so I will try and run through them all.

At the moment, the PS3 controlled does not function with the Playstation games from the store. It may be possible that an update in the future does allow this but at this moment in time, no functionality for it. For the time being, it will have to be on screen controls. I went out and got myself one of these. It helps playing games on a touch screen device.

http://tenonedesign.com/fling.php

Now the thing mentioned in another post is that the store for games is different to the Playstation Network for the PS3 (most likely for now) as each game is optimised to function on the Tablet S and some also for the Xperia Play. Items that you have downloaded on your PS3 will not show on your Tablet as part of your download list and vice versa.

You need to bear in mind that whilst this may be a disappointment now but give it time as it is early days. There is a lot of scope for movement so all we can do is look forward to new titles and intergration.

Hope that helps.

shdabin48

I found all these news stories on the web on how the sony tablet supports this function now, so I went to android market and found the app, £1.07, BUT there is compatibility app to run first.....I have 4 PS3 Dualshock controllers all paired via bluetooth to PS3, the Android Market web news says its working now with that app but use the compatibility app first, but as I had all my controllers paired with PS3's I couldnt figure out how to un pair them so I run the compatibilty app and maybe buy the app that app lets me use the PS3 controllers. The drivers etc are obviously in the app but I can unpair my controllers from the PS3 so I cant get a proper test running.......I dunno but sony say its working now with that app........people say it works with that app....I cant figure out how to unpair bluetooth devices with PS3 to pair one with tablet and it says its paired with bluetooth, bluetooth is on the sony tablet but it doesnt work does it?

skidpro
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Could you maybe post up the link from the Android marketplace or the app name? I have not seen anything official yet or announcement. Possibly the Support website may be updated. The app I see for £1.07 is the "Sixaxis controller" and is not developed by Sony and as part of the description it does say that rooting your device is required which is not something that has been done (as far as I am aware) with the Tablets yet.

From what I understand, to unpair a PS3 controller, you need to connect via a USB cable to another PS3 which will then unpair and pair it up on a new console. As to how it would function with the Tablet, still do not know.

I have done a quick search online but cannot view the videos right now but some do seem to show a PS3 controller connected however none are actually from an official Sony source but I will escalate this one up.

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Thank you for posting on the Sony Forum.

In an effort to give a quick and correct answer to your question, one of the forums experts has escalated your post to our Technical Support team, who will provide them with the information required as quickly as possible.

You can expect one of the forum experts to get back to you with the answer very soon.

Best regards

The Sony Massive

shdabin48

You got the right app on the android marketplace, there is compatibilty checker app too. this is what is puzzling, the rooting of the device, I thought I had my Paired my PS3 controller with a PS3 it was rooted to that device. So I was wondering if I could unpair my PS3 from controller?

This may help you:

http://www.talkandroid.com/51464-ps3-sixaxis-and-dualshock-3-controllers-now-work-with-your-android-...

skidpro
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Rooting your devices is the equivalent of "jailbreaking" your Tablet which is different to pairing a controller. I have come across that app before and things like newer Samsung phones are not supported. I know their site does have a list of compatible and incompatible devices for the controller support so best to keep an eye on their website.

Either way, will see if I can find out any more info for you on this.

shdabin48

Thanks for the help, There is comnpatibilty checker app to try first free before you buy the app, check it out, does bluetooth work on the tablets yet?  I seen a video of a Logitech USB controler hooked up wired working the tablet, but this app method uses bluetooth, and I am confused as to what 'rooting' is meant here in this instance...TIA

skidpro
smellyonion
New

when are we getting the update? I too went and got the usb and it doesnt work. strange thing is that it works with the logitec ps3 pad. even sonys official video says that you can and that was posted 3 weeks ago!!! sort this out.