Join now - be part of our community!

How to set an icon to a downloaded pdf

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ReluctantNewbie
Visitor

How to set an icon to a downloaded pdf

I have downloaded the manuals and I see the filenames. I have a pdf reader installed . But I dont see an easy way to make these into icons on my left-hand pane , which I am      dedicating to all things tablet related .

also I  am trying to drag and drop from one pannel to another . Should that work ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I'm sure there is more than one way of doing this but I use an ap called ES File explorer - free download from Android Market.

Assuming that the pdf is located in Downloads, open ES File Explorer, and under Local, navigate to /mnt/sdcard/Download.

Touch and hold on the file until an Operations panel opens. Select Shortcut - a shortcut will be created on your current pane.

To move shortcuts between panes, touch and hold the icon until it becomes mobile and then (continuing to hold) drag to the desired location on the required pane.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I'm sure there is more than one way of doing this but I use an ap called ES File explorer - free download from Android Market.

Assuming that the pdf is located in Downloads, open ES File Explorer, and under Local, navigate to /mnt/sdcard/Download.

Touch and hold on the file until an Operations panel opens. Select Shortcut - a shortcut will be created on your current pane.

To move shortcuts between panes, touch and hold the icon until it becomes mobile and then (continuing to hold) drag to the desired location on the required pane.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
ReluctantNewbie
Visitor

hi thanks for the icon move tip that works a treat.