Join now - be part of our community!

Increased idle battery life?

profile.country.en_GB.title
b1gm1k3
Visitor

Increased idle battery life?

Since getting the tablet at launch, one of my major gripes has been the battery life when the tablet is idle. The tablet would generally last a day max, even when off (i.e. standby)  before needing charging. Even when turning off GPS for location and GPS for google search (which slightly improved the idle life), the battery would still run down quickly when the tablet was doing jack all.

Over the last couple of days though the battery does not drain at all when on standby........what has happened? Is this something i've inadvertently done, or has there been some kind of update which i've benn unaware of (if so, thanks Sony!). Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
rdorian1
Visitor

I've had a problem with the battery life over the last few weeks. I traked it down to being the new Sony account manager that's needed for the Playstation Store. Uninstalled it battery lasted for days and hardly drained when in idle. Installed it again and the battery was draining within the day even on idle and doing nothing else.  I did some more digging and it turns out that the Sony account manager was preventing the CPU from going into "deep sleep" mode.

Interesting that you say you now have better battery life, I wonder if they have updated it. I will install it again to see what happens.

smellyonion
New

yes, there was an update to it, yesterday i believe .

profile.country.es_ES.title
daneo01
Visitor

Hi rdorian!

I have the same problem with my Sony tablet, my battery life is no longer than 40 hours, and Ive noticed that it gets discharged when its on stand by.

I tried to uninstall the account manager, but I cant find it on the applications list, whats its name?  or how can i uninstall it?

If I uninstall the PS Store, the account manager goes away?

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

alglais
New

Hi,

I was having similar problems until I changes my screen settings to Auto, now its been on over 2 days and my battery is still at over 50%

thecoulson
Visitor

It's well worth installing Juicedefender on the tablet, as it now supports Honeycomb and does a really good job of saving battery life.

It's an excellent app.

:wink:

rdorian1
Visitor

Hi daneo01

As smellyonion commented the account manager was updated a few days after I made my post and the Battery has been fine since.

To answer your question though the account manager should be viewable from Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and it's called Account Manager.

Go to the market place and get the account manager update if you haven't done already. The update fixed my issues.