Join now - be part of our community!

Ireland: Playstation Store and Select App

profile.country.en_IE.title
goldengreen
Visitor

Ireland: Playstation Store and Select App

Hi can aynone tell me if or when the playstation store will be available in Ireland, just got my Tablet and feel very let down that the playstation store is not available here as it was a seeling point of the tablet.

Also when i select the sony SelectApp app, it just directs me to the web browser with sony main hope page I am thinking it should direct me to a Sony App store or something.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
iano1982
Visitor

Hi, jus bought  a sony table myself and having the same problem. I have a ps3 also, and habe no problem  with connecting to the playstation store with it  so can't  understand  way the serives is nlt available in this country  via the tablet.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

Sony,does not officially support this, but you probably reasoned that Sony Tablet buyers elsewhere on the internet are active on forums and share the 'APK's' of e.g. PlayStationStore, Account Manager etc. so one can also install it on tablets in countries currently lacking PlayStationStore availibilty (with 'from unknown source' temporarily activated in Settings-Applications).

Google for 'Sony Tablet, APK, Account Manager' to find these forums

kigujra
Visitor

Whingeing disappointed Irish customer here too.

When you click on the tablet on the sony store page and keep on clicking you get to the product information page and one of the tabs is for applications. There is info the about the installed and recommended apps. Not exactly brilliant but the whole tablet thing has been a big disappointment for the Irish customers.:smileysad: