Join now - be part of our community!

Leaving Tablet on Cradle/Charge when fully charged?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
RShum1
Visitor

Leaving Tablet on Cradle/Charge when fully charged?

Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone can advise me on wether or not it is safe to leave the tablet charging all the time

on the cradle even when it is fully charged. As in the past doing similar things with laptops and phones have ruined battery life on those devices.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the Sony Forum

I can see no reason why this will have any lasting effects as I have had mine since launch and have it for long periods of time on the mains charger when I am not out and about and I still manage to get 15-20 hours of use between charges including with moderate gaming.

Whilst I am not involved in the manufacturing, I can only assume that this was all taken into account when they were made with accessories like the cradle being available so I do not seeing any long term issues with leaving running on power.

I tend to find that when coming to use it for long periods, do my very best to try and drain the battery as low as possible before charging again.

Hope that gives you an insight.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the Sony Forum

I can see no reason why this will have any lasting effects as I have had mine since launch and have it for long periods of time on the mains charger when I am not out and about and I still manage to get 15-20 hours of use between charges including with moderate gaming.

Whilst I am not involved in the manufacturing, I can only assume that this was all taken into account when they were made with accessories like the cradle being available so I do not seeing any long term issues with leaving running on power.

I tend to find that when coming to use it for long periods, do my very best to try and drain the battery as low as possible before charging again.

Hope that gives you an insight.

RShum1
Visitor

Yup thats great thanks alot.