Join now - be part of our community!

linking a camera to tablet

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
aortor
Visitor

linking a camera to tablet

I've tried linking a kodak camera using the usb cable but nothing happens . can anyone offer any advice .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

download an app such as FileManager HD, and you will also be able to read/copy/view shared files on a computer or usb camera (card) storage.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lemurville
Visitor

What were you hoping to happen? I think the best that could happen is that any memory card in the camera would be accessible so that you can transfer pictures from it. If you open the file transfer app does the memory card in the camera appear?

aortor
Visitor

Thanks for this information. What I was hoping was that the camera would be recognised and I could view pictures but this does not happen. I have tried what you say but in the file transfer app the memory card is not identified.

regards

lemurville
Visitor

I double checked in the user guide and it shows a picture of connecting to a camera via a usb cable. It says the cable should be a micro AB connector. I aready had one of these. I don't have a camera but can connect to a laptop with it and see files on it. Do you have another device you can connect to so you can confirm the cable is compatible?

I've just connected my laptop to my tablet. It doesn't show in File Transfer, maybe because it's a Hard Disk Drive. But from my laptop I can access files on my tablet.

Message was edited by: andyrlea

Message was edited by: andyrlea

breedBenR

many cameras have a setting, where you can select it to show up 'as a camera' or 'as a harddrive' when connecting to it via USB.

if you use it directly wired: set it to behave as a harddisk.

if you connect it through th OTG usb hub cable: both settings may work.

aortor
Visitor

thanks for this information . I can now see the tablet on my computer and access the files. I can also see photos on an sd cardcard but still not when linking the camera .

regards

breedBenR

download an app such as FileManager HD, and you will also be able to read/copy/view shared files on a computer or usb camera (card) storage.