Join now - be part of our community!

Micro or mini-sim inside the Tablet S 3G+ version ?

SOLVED
profile.country.fr_FR.title
J0hn-J0hn
Visitor

Micro or mini-sim inside the Tablet S 3G+ version ?

Hi all,

I'm John from France,

I will soon acquire the 3G+ version of the Tablet S (SGPT114FR) and I just had my mobile phone operator (Bouygues Telecom not to quote him) who told me that their 3G offers are intended only for the iPad2 since they provide micro-SIM card (not mini-sim) for these packages.
My question is : I have handled several times the Tablet S but only wifi version, so I have not been able to verify the location of the sim card on the 3G version, is this a mini or micro-sim ?
Whether this is a micro-sim on the Tablet S, what about the annouced impossibility by my operator to use their 3G packages on anything other than the iPad2 ? Purely marketing argument or real technical constraints ?
To go a little further, if the Tablet S only accepts mini-sim cards, could it be a working solution for me to use one of these little adapters to transform a micro sim card into a mini sim card. Such as one of those :
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eaWP9ZVfTkY/TI81ZBAznzI/AAAAAAAAAtA/wRN4L-B9rU4/s1600/Micro-Sim-Adapter-2.jpg
Thank you to enlighten me on this point, I'm a bit in the fog for once
Sincerely,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
J0hn-J0hn
Visitor

FYI I've had the sony customers service on the phone, and the anwser is : mini-sim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
J0hn-J0hn
Visitor

FYI I've had the sony customers service on the phone, and the anwser is : mini-sim

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

J0hn-J0hn wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to post the answer, hopefully this will be of use to others..:smileyhappy:

J0hn-J0hn
Visitor

you're welcome, my pleasure if it can help :slight_smile: