Join now - be part of our community!

micro usb to hdmi port, will it work?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
smellyonion
New

micro usb to hdmi port, will it work?

well all know that displaying on an external screen is difficult with the tablet. dlna doesnt work with many file types, my tv (ex403) is apparently too old(dispite being 1year old) to support the media remote app, so I cant view my browser on my tv to show my family flash etc. even displaying through the ps3 doesnt work.

so ive found this cable that is microusb to hdmi, since the tablet is usb host, will it work? if it doesnt I would want an update to support this

as the dlna was marketing rubbish as all tablets can do this using apps and the sony apps dont work with all my files.

all I want is to mirror my screen on a tv, will this cable work and if not I request an update to support this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

no - it will not work on the tablet: in principle with the hardware it should be possible, but you need root access to the android software to activate it, and that is unavailable and would be a waranty breaker.

Perhaps ICS update will make it possible in the future. No news on such specifics.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
to-tom
Visitor

I would like to know if this is possible too. Would like to be able to play videos to a tv without dlna.

The tv has USB connection, have tried this but does not work. If the USB to HDMI connection would work then I shall buy one.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

no - it will not work on the tablet: in principle with the hardware it should be possible, but you need root access to the android software to activate it, and that is unavailable and would be a waranty breaker.

Perhaps ICS update will make it possible in the future. No news on such specifics.

smellyonion
New

thats pretty disapointing,considering that sony is one of the co developers of this tenchnology. the 7" samsung tab supports it so do the xperia phones.

it just seem so stupid that this tablet doesnt considering it doesnt have a hdmi.