Join now - be part of our community!

music distorted when using internet

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
cbpete
Visitor

music distorted when using internet

Hi Guys,

First time I have done this, I was playing some music and went to the internet and when I used the keyboard it distorted the music.  Is my tablet faulty or can it not handle two things at once .

Thanks in advance guys.

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Pete,

No problem with my Tablet listening to music and typing an email at the same time – no break up of sound...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
cbpete
Visitor

hi guys,

before I take me tablet back to the retailer, would someone be so kind as to try playing music and typing a email and let me know if the music breaks up when you touch the keyboard.

thank you

pete

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Pete,

No problem with my Tablet listening to music and typing an email at the same time – no break up of sound...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
cbpete
Visitor

hi Rich ,

thanks for checking for me, going to take it back today as it looks as if it is faulty.

pete

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re welcome Pete. Good luck with getting a replacement...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
cbpete
Visitor

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update to how I am going on with returning my faulty Tablet.  I got mine from  Comet and returned it back to them after only a week and a half due to  problem plying music and using the internet or Emailing at the same, the music keeps  breaking up.  Comet said it had to go back to Sony before they could  issue a refund or replacement.  So off it when back to them and 11 days  later I got it back and they could not find anything wrong with it, so  took it home connected it to internet and it still had the same problem,  did try another network and different songs just to make sure.  So back  to comet for a exchange to another model and all I got was it got to go  back to sony.  So it will be sent off on Tuesday, I am really not happy  with Comet or Sony at the moment.

Will let you know how I go on.

Pete

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Pete,

Comet is responsible and indeed obligated under UK law to either provide a replacement unit or a refund if the goods are faulty. Don’t be fobbed of with ‘we have to return the unit to the manufacturer’.

I suggest that you research the ‘Sale of Goods Act’ and then contact the Comet head office once you are armed with the correct information.

Have you asked Comet to demonstrate another tablet to you to show that the problem is either limited to your Tablet or is common to all?

Rich

Message was edited by: rich912

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
cbpete
Visitor

Hi Rich,

Comet have said that it must be dealt with under the Sony warranty, been doing a bit of digging on the office of fair trading website , sale of goods act hub  which is very helpful and and will be getting in touch with them to get some clarification and then do a nice letter off to head office.

Pete

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Pete,

You may also find this link of interest...

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/shops-responsibility/

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat