Join now - be part of our community!

Music Unlimited

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
to-tom
Visitor

Music Unlimited

I have successfully activated Music Unlimited 180 Day Trial but when I select a track it only plays 30 seconds of it?

I am logged in and have completed the necessary process, so unsure of what I should do next. I'm sure the trial allows the playing of a full track.......hopefully.

**  Update; it has been suggested that the"channels" only work on Music Unlimited, I have tried the channels and they only play 30 seconds of music!

I am very disappointed with this servise and even more so with the lack of an answer from Sony. I thought Sony monitored these forums!

SONY PLEASE SORT THIS OUT!

(I am also having major issues with wifiand registering a seperate message)

Message was edited by: to-tom

Message was edited by: to-tom

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
to-tom
Visitor

Answer to the above is:

Click on Music Unlimited app then select channels, by clicking on the home button at the top left. You can then select any channel but Premier and the songs will play full length.

Why this is not made clear at some point is surprising, especially as I'm not the only one with this issue....

Well, Happy New Year to all.

Tom

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
tobarre32
New

I have experienced the same issue & when I logged out then back in it told me my account was not eligible for the 180 day free trial.  Exasperating!!

lemurville
Visitor

Pretty sure the trial only gives you access to the channels. It's a basic subscription rather than a premium subscription.  You can try the premium subscription for free for 30 days. But you'll lose the free trial.

Message was edited by: andyrlea

Message was edited by: andyrlea

hip_hop_rob
Explorer

I too am suffering from just 30 seconds playback. Under Sony's Christmas offer valued at £23.94

I have the free 180 days but it just allows me to access the first 30 seconds of any track and that is considered a free 180 day trial?  Really?

How can any offer of £23.94 value offer only the first 30 seconds?  Am I missing something here, wasn't this promo for Tablets purchased from Nov 21  to end of January 2012?

I have the free 5 vido voucher codes but this 30 second trial seems a trifle exageration of any value claim free or not  from Sony, let alone the stated value of £23.94!

Can anyone help?

Happy New Year  to one and all.

speedmason
Visitor

sufering too sony tablet just drops off sever or wont coneced ps3 and brava tv both fine!!

to-tom
Visitor

Answer to the above is:

Click on Music Unlimited app then select channels, by clicking on the home button at the top left. You can then select any channel but Premier and the songs will play full length.

Why this is not made clear at some point is surprising, especially as I'm not the only one with this issue....

Well, Happy New Year to all.

Tom

tobarre32
New

I have followed to-tom's advice & bizarrely this works on my home PC but when I access the music unlimited app from my tablet s I am still restricted to the 30 sec previews.  I have uninstalled & re-installed the app but no joy.  Anyone with any suggestions?  Thanks Tommy

to-tom
Visitor

Only suggestion I can make is 1) have you downloaded the 180 trial app to the S1first? or 2) have you signed in after clicking on the MU APP?

I am only using the S1 tablet and getting good at typing on the software keyboard. Will keep asnswering the forums to get my typing speed up lol.

tobarre32
New

Thanks for the reply Tom, I have already complied with your two suggestions.  When I check my account with the MU APP it shows six months basic membership but still restricts me to 30 secs preview even on the channels.  Tommy