Join now - be part of our community!

noob questions

profile.country.en_GB.title
pavr27
Visitor

noob questions

hi all I have a few questions about my new toy.

whether they are tablet specific issues or android limitations i,m not sure, im hoping somebody can help!

annoyances so far:

1) I cannot read emails full screen in either the built in app or gmail app. reading the tablet user guide, there is supposed to be an icon you hit to allow u to maximise the email (thus getting rid of the email list on the left that takes up a third of the screen) I cannot see this option

2) DLNA IS ABIT HIT AND MISS. I have successfully managed to stream video and mp3s to the tablet, but it refuses to display any of the photos I have on the network. they are all jpg's so not sure why this would be the case. when I use tne dnla app to browse the photos all I get is a 'broken file' icon, same when I select the file. however, if I copy the very same pics to the tablet I can view them no problem. any ideas?

3) I cannot view embedded video on various websites or facebook (usually you tube vids). I get the audio but no video. why is this?

4) Does this device (via wifi) support notifications? i'm thinking facebook notifications. I dont receive any ( and yes the option is turned on). I have an iphone on which I get push notifications, should I expect the same on th tablet?

thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Eddie86
Visitor

o hang on, are you on vista?

if so then have a look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/963106

hope thats it!

ed

pavr27
Visitor

thanks for the reply. i'm on windows 7, so not sure that applies.but worth following up I guess. I might contact sony , but would hold my breath for a helpfull answer.

Eddie86
Visitor

in that case im all out of ideas im afraid. good luck with sony, I've found their email support fairly rapid :wink: