Join now - be part of our community!

Orange triangle mystery...

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
siclark57
New

Orange triangle mystery...

After turning on and unlocking my Sony tablet (Honeycomb 3.2), several apps are shown in the app  tray as having an orange triangle and exclamation mark where the icon should be and the message: Application not installed. The applications are still on the tablet but will not run.

Sometimes, several apps will be shown that way, although the icons are visible on the relevant home page. On other occasions it will be only one or two.

Anyone else encountered this problem and does anyone know whether this is a fault with the tablet or with Honeycomb?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
omar_g@ap64
Visitor

I'd suggest you try resetting your tablet (Apps/Settings/Privacy/Factory Data Reset

And erase all. It should get you up and running without this issue.

Omar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
omar_g@ap64
Visitor

Hi Siclark57

have you tried uninstalling the apps in Android Market and redownloading them? Should solve the problem.

Omar

profile.country.GB.title
siclark57
New

There is no option to uninstall in the Market because the tablet indicate that the apps have not been installed.

The orange triangle symptom shows up on one or two apps or 20+ apps.

In each case, the installation date is shown as "01/01/1970 01:00". The failures appears to be random.

If I shut down the tablet, wait a few minutes then restart, the problem persists, although not necessarily with the same apps.

The apps all appear as usual on their home screens but those with the triangle showing in the app tray will not start and up pops the message "application is not installed".

Help, please!

omar_g@ap64
Visitor

I'd suggest you try resetting your tablet (Apps/Settings/Privacy/Factory Data Reset

And erase all. It should get you up and running without this issue.

Omar

profile.country.GB.title
siclark57
New

Thanks, Omar. I have tried that and the problem has eased. However, it still occurs. I am still baffled. It is really irritating to get a message saying an app I am trying to use is not installed when it is. I shut down the tablet then restart it and the chances are the app will then be fine -- but others suffer the same problem!