Join now - be part of our community!

Question.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
kv32fx20
Explorer

Question.

Has anyone got ther tablet to work with asony blu ray player dlna compatable of course. I have tried three differnt models and none will except pics music or video file using the throw function. sony s1 does not even see sony bluray players?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I did, pretty much it is down to a function called Renderer or DLNA renderer depending on the product being used and if it does not have this function, the Throw feature will not be possible to use.

It seems that the DLNA renderer is found on the Bravia's and the Sony Internet Boxes as well as other brands so that would be what you would need to look for. There are some apps which turn your Tablet into a DLNA server and you can then pull content to a Blu-Ray the same way you can with a PC so something worth considering.

Or just grab yourself the Sony SMP-N100/200 which is what I plan to do since it is a small box which I can just pop into a corner and throw to when I need to. Oh, also the BDP-S780 seems to have the renderer function which should allow throw to work.

Message was edited by: Watashiwateshdes

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Interesting, I have not tried Blu-Ray players actually. I have a BDP-S370 which supports DLNA video but not actually had it connected to my network recently.

Could you maybe post the models which you have tried? Maybe some other users may have one of them and post their results back.

profile.country.GB.title
kv32fx20
Explorer

Hi yes models tried are bdps383 bdps470 bbdps580. works fine with sony net player.

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Interesting, I will have a go and see what I can find. I know there are some renderer functions on some models so will see what I can find out.

profile.country.GB.title
kv32fx20
Explorer

Thanks very much. maybe there will be a firmware update in the future for the blu ray players.

profile.country.GB.title
kv32fx20
Explorer

Hi did you find anything out.

thanks in advanced

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I did, pretty much it is down to a function called Renderer or DLNA renderer depending on the product being used and if it does not have this function, the Throw feature will not be possible to use.

It seems that the DLNA renderer is found on the Bravia's and the Sony Internet Boxes as well as other brands so that would be what you would need to look for. There are some apps which turn your Tablet into a DLNA server and you can then pull content to a Blu-Ray the same way you can with a PC so something worth considering.

Or just grab yourself the Sony SMP-N100/200 which is what I plan to do since it is a small box which I can just pop into a corner and throw to when I need to. Oh, also the BDP-S780 seems to have the renderer function which should allow throw to work.

gmacp12
Visitor

Word of caution. I've got Sony smpn100. Despite installing every DLNA app I can find on my phone/advent tablet, I have never been able to throw video or pitures to it. The best app for music is the sony network audio app for iphone (unfortunately there does not seem to be an android equivelent), but Twonky mobile and others work fine on android platform. I can easily throw music content on phone/tablet or NAS drive but always get a variety of error messages on video and pictures. Using same apps I can throw video and pictures to any pc runnning Win Media Player and enabled for streaming, so I reckon its a problem with the SMPn100.

There is a new app on market called "Sony Media Players" which seems designed for new Sony Tablet but requires you to upgrade to Android 3.2 from 3.1. I've been trying to get hold of this to give it a go, but unfortunately market nolonger recognises my tablet and its incompatible with my phone! Might be worth giving this app a go as it seems to have been customized specifically for Sony products. 

profile.country.GB.title
kv32fx20
Explorer

Hi yes you are correct. thank you for your help.