Join now - be part of our community!

"Throw" from Tablet S to Humax HDR Fox T2 PVR

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mazurkal
Visitor

"Throw" from Tablet S to Humax HDR Fox T2 PVR

I do not have a DLNA enabled TV but can I "throw" music, pictures & video to a DLNA certified PVR (Humax HDR Fox T2) which is connected to my TV with HDMI cable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.it_IT.title
brorm2tsmac
Visitor

Yeah, you can.

Following are the detailed steps about how to throw video from Sony Tablet S to Humax HDR Fox T2 PVR:

Step 1: Downloaded a trial Free DLNA server in the Android market.

Note: The DLNA player that is preinstalled on the Tablet is NOT a DLNA server; you need to install one.

Step 2: Click the “Throw” buttons to scan for DLNA-compliant Humax HDR Fox T2.

The audio and video apps have “Throw” buttons. Once you click the  “Throw” buttons, Tablet S can automatically scan for DLNA-compliant  hardware–Humax HDR Fox T2 here.

Step 3: Drag & drop the currently playing video to those outputs.

Once the Tablet S find out the DLNA-compliant Humax HDR Fox T2, you just  need to drag & drop the currently playing video to it.

Step 4: Get videos on your DLNA-compliant Humax HDR Fox T2.

It works just as you’d expect; you were able to quickly get video recorded using the tablet streaming to your Humax HDR Fox T2.

However, before throwing videos from Tablet S to Humax, make sure the video you would like to throw is MPEG 4(*.mp4) which is the best output format for both Tablet S and Humax HDR Fox T2.

If the videos aren't MPEG 4 videos, such as AVI, MOV, VOB, MKV, FLV, MTS, I suggest you'd better use a Video Converter program such as Brorsoft Video Converter to convert the AVI/MOV/VOB/MKV/FLV/MTS video to MPEG 4 at first and throw the converted videos to Humax.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
oseven
Visitor

I have a  Humaxandwould love to knowhow you go about getting it to work. Easy instructions please.

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi

The qeuestion you need to try and find out what official file formats your Humax supports and also if it supports push content over DLNA which is essentially what throw is. If the answer to both is yes/compatible then it should work.

brorm2tsmac
Visitor

Yeah, you can.

Following are the detailed steps about how to throw video from Sony Tablet S to Humax HDR Fox T2 PVR:

Step 1: Downloaded a trial Free DLNA server in the Android market.

Note: The DLNA player that is preinstalled on the Tablet is NOT a DLNA server; you need to install one.

Step 2: Click the “Throw” buttons to scan for DLNA-compliant Humax HDR Fox T2.

The audio and video apps have “Throw” buttons. Once you click the  “Throw” buttons, Tablet S can automatically scan for DLNA-compliant  hardware–Humax HDR Fox T2 here.

Step 3: Drag & drop the currently playing video to those outputs.

Once the Tablet S find out the DLNA-compliant Humax HDR Fox T2, you just  need to drag & drop the currently playing video to it.

Step 4: Get videos on your DLNA-compliant Humax HDR Fox T2.

It works just as you’d expect; you were able to quickly get video recorded using the tablet streaming to your Humax HDR Fox T2.

However, before throwing videos from Tablet S to Humax, make sure the video you would like to throw is MPEG 4(*.mp4) which is the best output format for both Tablet S and Humax HDR Fox T2.

If the videos aren't MPEG 4 videos, such as AVI, MOV, VOB, MKV, FLV, MTS, I suggest you'd better use a Video Converter program such as Brorsoft Video Converter to convert the AVI/MOV/VOB/MKV/FLV/MTS video to MPEG 4 at first and throw the converted videos to Humax.

Regards,

mazurkal
Visitor

brorm2tsmac  -  Thankyou for your detailed reply...much appreciated.

For information, would this process work with other makes of DLNA enabled PVR's?

brorm2tsmac
Visitor

Yeah, the steps are the same since the PVRs are DLNA enabled.

Thanks for your replay also. It's very glad to hear that my post is useful to you:smileyhappy: