Join now - be part of our community!

Remote control capabilities

profile.country.en_GB.title
Squidy63
Visitor

Remote control capabilities

I'm interested in the remote control aspects of this device

With my current harmony remote I have for example a 'Watch Blu Ray' configuration that turns on my TV, Blu Ray and surround sound amp, and selects the TV AV input for the Blu Ray deck with a click of a single button and subsequently the remote 'volume up' controls amp volume not TV, and 'Pause' pauses Blu Ray playback. If I had instead chosen to watch TV, the PVR would have been turned on instead of the Blu ray deck and pause serves to pause the TV feed

As far as I can tell with the Tablet S I'd be obliged to turn on and off each device independently and switch between devices to adjust volume, choose the appropriate AV input, or pause playback?

Could someone confirm my understanding is correct, as while the touch screen interface Iooks great I fear the device switching aspect might feel like a step backwards

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

The native app does not really do all of these processes in one go as it has no macro of combination of remote controls BUT you could assign multiple remotes to one customer profile on the tablet via the self learning feature. I cannot see it replacing the Harmony remote straight out though.

Have you had a look at this though? http://www.logitech.com/en-us/smartTV/accessories/devices/harmony-app-iphone-android

Looks like apps are available for iPhone/Android but not sure on its functionality/compatibility.    

profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

These apps are intended to be used with a Logitech Smart TV device, not as a stand alone 😕

There is another one, which is designed to work with the Logitech Link device.

Unfortunately, the solution you describe before doesn't match my expextations either... To "watch tv", even thoug it's n one screen, I'd have to press 3 buttons just to turn on every device, then another serie of biutton to select the right tv input, the right audio input, etc.

I'm truly waiting for a new app from Sony (or Logitech?)

mpattenden
New

I guess it depends on what you are  looking for and trying to achieve I don't mind having to turn on more than one device as you can do that from the device home screen.

I then have my sky and home theatre combined onto one remote device and this works well for me, not out the box but didn't take long to customise and this is the most common use followed my media player - that unfortunately had to have every button independently learnt but now works. I also find the tablet works better than the originals with regard to how or where you have to point it or control say the speed of fast forwarding through ads!

jmho

Padster

Squidy63
Visitor

Many thanks for the helpful responses

Not the news I was hoping for but good to have confirmation

Steve