Join now - be part of our community!

removing the advertising from file manger page

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
cbpete
Visitor

removing the advertising from file manger page

hi,

can anyone tell me how to remove the internet advertising from the bottom left corner of the file manager page.

thanks

pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Pete,

the posts above have aleady mentioned File Manager HD is a third party app & as is often the case with free downloadable apps they do contain ads..

If there is a paid for version available this would more than likely remove the ad's but I didn't notice one available for download, maybe worth contacting the developer if you are encountering problems..

Rhythm Software

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi cbpete,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Are you referring to a pre-installed app or one that you have downloaded from the Android market place..:smileyconfused:

nikkilim
Visitor

HI pete. Can you give us more details? A screenshot would be great.  http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif

cbpete
Visitor

hi guys,

it is google advertising,  it changes the web site every couple of seconds. if you click  on it, it goes to the web site for that advert.  I have not downloaded it as a app.

pete

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

cbpete wrote:

hi guys,

it is google advertising,  it changes the web site every couple of seconds. if you click  on it, it goes to the web site for that advert.  I have not downloaded it as a app.

pete

Sorry Pete, but I'm still at a losss as to what you are seeing..:smileyconfused:

Can you give us some more information please..

What is the exact name of the app that you are using,?

Any other information that you can share that may help us to identify exactly what you are seeing..:smileyconfused:

cbpete
Visitor

hi thalamus,

it is a box about 1cm x 4cm  bottom left corner on the file manager screen only, it says advertise on google.  I have not downloaded any apps for itand can not find a option any where go remove it . I have taken a sceen shot if it helps.

thanks pete

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Thats file manager HD downloaded from the market.

Many free apps use this as a source of income and removing those adds will not be possible unless the app developer give the option for you pay a fee.

As far as I can tell they don't give you the option so you're stuck with it.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Pete,

The screenshot would indicate that you are using File Manager HD (Honeycomb)

This, as far as I am aware, is a third party app.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rhmsoft.fm.hd

Unless of course newer tablets come with this pre-installed...Perhaps someone with a new tablet can confirm.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Pete,

the posts above have aleady mentioned File Manager HD is a third party app & as is often the case with free downloadable apps they do contain ads..

If there is a paid for version available this would more than likely remove the ad's but I didn't notice one available for download, maybe worth contacting the developer if you are encountering problems..

Rhythm Software