Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Tablet S 3G problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
bipopboopyblop
Visitor

Sony Tablet S 3G problem

I purchased a Tablet S for my wife for Christmas. Went for the 3G enabled model as we are not always within range of a usable wifi network. It worked fine on the 3g for 3 days over Christmas and since then just won't connect to the network. I paid an extra £100 for a facility that doesn't work. Looks like we have to go back to using my laptop when we go away. Very dissapointing as the whole point of the Tablet was to use when we go away as we don't need to use it at home. I've tried various sim cards but none work. 😞

Message was edited by: -Cass-

5 REPLIES 5
smellyonion
New

I wouldnt be so quick to blame the tablet, it sounds like its a network/sim. youll need to include more details.

bipopboopyblop
Visitor

I Put the SIM card in and used it on the T-Mobile service for three days over Christmas. I now can't even get to the page on the T-Mobile site where you pay for 1 day or more of usage. It just says no Internet connection !!

jackbarr
Visitor

Had a similar problem with "3" sim and it appears to be a conflict with Wi-Fi. Try going into Settings and then disable Wi-Fi - this allowed me access to the "Three" site - this might be a fix for you as well?

profile.country.GB.title
kdemetriou
New

I Have the tablet running off my wifi Home network when I’m at home, I never turn it off. When I originally got it I put my Orange card from my iphone in it just to test it out, and worked just fine. In the first week of January I purchased a 3 sim and it has been in the tablet ever since. I always use the tablet when I travel away from home. It works perfectly every time, I weave in an out of wifi zones and 3g areas all the time. I never turn off wifi and it prompts me accordingly. Basically it works as expected. Sounds like you tablet may be faulty.

bipopboopyblop
Visitor

The problem may be something to do with the fact that with the T-Mobile sim card you have to go to their web site to purchase the usage on a day to day basis. When I first connected with it it took me staright to the T-Mobile Booster page where I could pay for 1 or more days usage. Since then it wouldn't go to their page so you couldn't purchase more usage.

It isn't a problem with the wifi as I turn that off before trying to connect using 3G.

I think I may have solved the problem now though. I did find a button in the depth of the settings on the tablet which resets the settings to factory settings for the APN. I clicked on that and now when I go to the 3G I have found that I get a message in the messaging system from T-Mobile that I have to purchase usage and there is a link to the bosster page. That seems to work. I don't know how the APN settings got changed though???

I must say though that I'm not sure what the tablet meaaging system is and how that differs from email?