SONY TABLET S AND PS3 DNLA

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
LLOYDPS3
Visitor

SONY TABLET S AND PS3 DNLA

hello,

hope someone can help here.

trying to find out if i can access content on my ps3(video/pics/music) from the sony tablet s(and vice versa) via DNLA and if i can use the throw function via PS3.My PS3 is the only DNLA device in my network.

Ive checked the net and cannot find an answer to this.

called a sony centre they said no, but called another sony centre and they said yes.

thanks

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

There is a DLNA client app preinstalled (purple icon, DLNA and a looking glass)

But the tablet runs Android 3.1 / Android 3.2 as operating system.

You can go to the App Market, and download a 'DLNA server' app.

There are free trial DLNA-server-Apps, and there are payed apps on offer that are the real thing.

Check out the comments in the market and pick one (Twonky is a good one, there is also a third party app with a PS3 in its icon - it is slightly more technical to set up, some comment are negative, i guess for that reason)...

If you can't find documentation on the software on the Sony Tablet S, besides some general statements what is possible: it is because it has an operating system shared with tablets of other making. Google what you can do with Android 3.x  and you will find out what is possible with the Tablet S. Only thing to keep in mind when browsing the possibilities is that some parts that require phone/3G will not work on a wifi-only app.

See also this thread:

https://www.sony.nl/discussions/thread/135491?tstart=0

I can confirm you CAN play video from Tablet to a TV (direct, or via PS3 or Blu Ray) via DLNA

It works best for the 2011 models, and it is more limited regarding video format and more App-dependent for 2010 model TV's but within those limits also works.

Message was edited by: breedBenR

Message was edited by: breedBenR

profile.country.it_IT.title
brorm2tsmac
Visitor

Maybe this article could be useful to you: Transfer video to Sony Tablet S on Mac - Throw video to PS3 from Sony Tablet S via DLNA server

Pay attention the part 2.