Join now - be part of our community!

sony tablet s1 email setup help please?

profile.country.en_GB.title
dhb---
Visitor

sony tablet s1 email setup help please?

hi folks, this is a bit of a strange one that sony tech support dont seem to be able to sort out.

i have set up my email account as virgin media so all the pop3 and smtp are input correctly and Im ok with that.

the settings on my home pc and what virgin media tele help desk tell me are as follows:-

incoming: pop3,  port 110 and no requirement for a SSL (unticked)

outgoing: smtp, port 25, again no SSL or TSL ticked,

all of this works witout fault on my home pc

i input all this into the tablet and all appears to work ok ie. i can send and receive BUT when the messages have downloaded to the inbox the fun begins.

ok..i have downloaded the messages and they show in number within the blue inbox icon and i can see the subject heading of each as they come in.  when they have finished downloading and i press the 'load new messages' without opening the messages for reading they disappear from the inbox never to be seen again.  they do not go to trash, drafts or sent folders and have disappeared although they are still in my virgin media server account.

i have changed the mail settings to pop3, SSL, port 995 and smtp, SSL, port 465 as per the virgin media webpage but still the messages disappear.

it would appear to be a virgin media setting as i have successfully set up another account on the tablet with Live Mail without the same problem.

do any techies out there have any idea as to the solution please?  i just want my tablet to work with my virgin mail !!

thanks in anticipation

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dhb---,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I've had a quick look araound and there may be a fix which I noticed in the last post of this thread, copied below for ease..

What you need to do is this. On both your clients (phone and pc), you need to alter your account username as per the following example..... instead of richardbranson@virginmedia.com you need to change it to recent:richardbranson@virginmedia.com. Notice the addition of "recent:"  before the username.

Do this in account settings in outlook (or windows mail) and also the phone account settings.

Obviously substitute your  username for richard branson, that was just an example.

Please let us know if it helps..

profile.country.en_GB.title
siddys
Visitor

I had the same issue with Virginmedia, the email needs setting up as Imap instead of Pop, my settings are below, give them a go:

Imcoming:

Imap.ntlworld .com

SSL

Outgoing

smtp.virginmedia.com

SSL

make sue the username has  @ntlworld.com at the end

Hope this helps