Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Tablet S1 & Java

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
EwenS99
Visitor

Sony Tablet S1 & Java

Bought the Sony Tablet last week and am trying to get to grips with it.  So far I'm very impressed but have had problems with some pages on the web including one on the Sony Support page.  The Tablet seems to need Java but when I try to download the free version I get a message saying that the mobile version is needed but that the Tablet must have certain software factory installed before Javamobile can be loaded.

So my question is, is Tablet S1 Java compatible and, if it is, where can I download the Javamobile software from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

The Sony website including this forum has instances of Javascript and was not aware that Java was used so that should not be a problem in order to display. There are issues with the Javascript not fully optimised for the Tablet but that can be fixed by using HTML mode or updates by the web team.

As far as I am aware, looking on the Android Marketplace, there are no downloads for Java so it seems to follow suit with all my previous Android devices.

What are you trying to access or use that requires Java to be installed? Have you got a link which you can point us to?

Message was edited by: Watashiwateshdes

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

are you using the native browser?

did you set JavaScript enabled in its settings under advanced?

did you set Enable Plugins to Always On in the same place?

does the website give the problem with these settings?

from what site are you downloading Java?

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

The Sony website including this forum has instances of Javascript and was not aware that Java was used so that should not be a problem in order to display. There are issues with the Javascript not fully optimised for the Tablet but that can be fixed by using HTML mode or updates by the web team.

As far as I am aware, looking on the Android Marketplace, there are no downloads for Java so it seems to follow suit with all my previous Android devices.

What are you trying to access or use that requires Java to be installed? Have you got a link which you can point us to?

EwenS99
Visitor

Many thanks.  Now I've found the settings to change it works fine.

lottie_barber
Visitor

hi ewen,

please would you be able to tell me what you did to make it work on here as im still ttruggling.

c

EwenS99
Visitor

I also had problems finding the fields to change.  Finally found the right area.

go to browser settings (top right hand corner of the screen on the drop down menu).  Then select advanced and ensure that the enable javascriPt field is ticked.  That should solve it.

EwenS

profile.country.de_DE.title
robby10
Visitor

For this link

http://hsi.upc-cablecom.ch/speedtest/

Java is reqired...

Bob from Munich, Germany