Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia Tablet powers itself off.. advice please!

profile.country.GB.title
fee.666
Explorer

Sony Xperia Tablet powers itself off.. advice please!

Hi! 

Bought a 32gb Xperia Tablet S last Monday and am happy with it.   I have this issue at the moment and would appreciate any advice.

If I do not use the tablet for a time, it goes into a 'standby mode' and I can touch the power switch to wake it up.  I then slide the unlock icon to make all active again.  :slight_smile:

However, after a period of non-use, my tablet switches off completely and I have to reboot and can see the SONY screen and then XPERIA screen, before it boots and is ready to use.  :thinking:

Occasionally this reboot happens within 5 minutes of being in sleep mode.:smileycry:

In Settings -> Display,  I have set the Power save mode as checked,  and Sleep is after 2 minutes.  Also in Settings, Developers options, stay awake is checked but I know this relates to when the tablet is being charged

Please can you advise me if there is any settings that I need to change or if I have been unlucky and have a faulty tablet and will need to return it to the Sony Store!

I was told that the tablet has an 'Eco Mode'  but that does not make sense because powering off means no mail check etc etc!

Ofiaich

88 REPLIES 88
profile.country.GB.title
fee.666
Explorer

I think that the Wi-Fi in the Sony Xperia T mobile phone are much better as options. 

If the forum at XDA Developers is read  - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1904445&page=4

A member there called Fluxman has posted a log of running processes.  I have attached this log to this email.

Part of this log shows

10-01 11:07:29.150 I/wpa_supplicant(  718): wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=00:23:69:73:b9:d2 reason=1024

10-01 11:07:29.150 D/CommandListener(25958): Clearing all IP addresses on wlan0

10-01 11:07:29.160 D/ConnectivityService(  215): ConnectivityChange for WIFI: DISCONNECTED/DISCONNECTED

10-01 11:07:29.160 D/ConnectivityService(  215): Attempting to switch to BLUETOOTH_TETHER

10-01 11:07:29.170 D/NetUtils(  215): android_net_utils_resetConnections in env=0x1f9af60 clazz=0xc4f00001 iface=wlan0 mask=0x3

10-01 11:07:29.170 D/ConnectivityService(  215): resetConnections(wlan0, 3)

Why are all IP addresses cleared on wlano?  Then there is an attempt to change to Bluetooth Tether....

I do hope this
issue can be resolved quickly...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thalamus!  I have not added the Sony Representatives name in this post.. but if you feel it is helpful, I can pm the name to you.

fee.666

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks again for the update, I glad to read that Support have been in contact with you..:smileyhappy:

fee.666 wrote:

Thalamus!  I have not added the Sony Representatives name in this post.. but if you feel it is helpful, I can pm the name to you.

Thanks for the offer but I do not think I need the Sony reps details at this time, but, may come back to you in the future..

profile.country.GB.title
fee.666
Explorer

Thanks Thalamus,

Hope you are able to find some answers too!

fee.666

profile.country.en_GB.title
Jharlow
Visitor

I'd also like to chime in with the same issue.

It generally happens about twice a day and although it's more of a minor inconvenience,

it's perplexing nontheless.

It would be great to see Sony resolve this issue as quickly as they did with the wifi issue

as it spoils an otherwise great tablet(just so long as you don't get it wet, he he).

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Jharlow wrote:

I'd also like to chime in with the same issue.

It generally happens about twice a day and although it's more of a minor inconvenience,

it's perplexing nontheless.

It would be great to see Sony resolve this issue as quickly as they did with the wifi issue

as it spoils an otherwise great tablet(just so long as you don't get it wet, he he).

Hi  Jharlow,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Thanks for the post, as you may have noticed Sony are aware of the problem but unfortunately no news on a fix as yet yet..

profile.country.GB.title
fee.666
Explorer

jharlow!

I think you sould also call 08702402408 and when  promoted for a 7 digit case number just type 1234567#

You will then get through to an operator and you can register your problem and receive a CASE NUMBER!

I would also tell them the answrs to these questions,

- Have you installed any Apps / SW that may cause this issue.
- Make sure no external devices connected.
- Does the tablet switch to sleep automatically or when you press the power button.
- Make sure that no disconnect policy option in the advanced wireless settings.

Good luck!

Ofiaich  :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mashawan
Visitor

You didn't get it wet did you? I had an Xperia tablet, and it started turning itself off after getting the screen wet...

profile.country.GB.title
fee.666
Explorer

No, I didn't get it wet..

I received a phone call from Sony last night and was asked if I had upgraded to the latest version of the OS..

I had told that, 4 times, when  I registered the problem with Sony....  I was promised a call back for next week,,

Whilst I was talking my tablet switched itself off!  :smileyblush:

profile.country.en_IE.title
fahyconor
Visitor

yes I have the same problem. randomly shuts itself down once in sleep mode. I'm on the most up to date android level that was released a week or so ago. I have an sd card in the device and have not tested the behaviour without it in place. May stay powered on for up to an hour but may power down after 5 mins in sleep mode. Had one instance where it crashed and re-booted while using skype to make a video call. I am seriously regretting not getting the ipad.

Sony, cop on and sort this crap out. This is unacceptable. If I put it to sleep I want it to sleep. If I want to shut it down I will explicitly request it to shut down.

Please figure out the the bug and release the fix promptly. Most units seem to be having the problem so I would expect the fix soon as it is easily re-creatable.

profile.country.en_IE.title
fahyconor
Visitor

took out sd card this morning and left it a good 3 hours + .

when I tried it, it woke up from sleep mode. it had not powered off. seems to be the sd card causes my issue. I require to leave the sd card in though so this needs to be fixed. it is difficult to move the card in and out (intentionally so because of splashproof design point) so behaving normally with sd card in place must be catered for .