Join now - be part of our community!

Sound stops and crashes the music player...

profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

Sound stops and crashes the music player...

Hey all,

OK so this last few weeks, I've had big problems with sound on the tablet.  I can't pin it down to one or other app, but it definitely started happening after the update that resolved the issue with the music player stopping when a web page was hogging resources.

Has anyone else had similar problems?  I'm feeling I may have to do another factory reset again :slight_frown:

I am forcing Media Go to convert all music to 192 AAC, it doesn't occur with the same tracks, it doesn't get to a particular time in the tracks, and it doesn't skip - it just stops.

When it stops, the media player icons appear twice (or more!) at the bottom-right, and pressing either of them comes up with the back, pause/play, fwd, and using those, even though they're showing the wrong song (i.e. the one the player crashed on) causes the player to fwd, back etc.

The problem also seems to be affecting other applications, like the ES Media Player and Video Player, which also just give up playing sound after a few minutes.  Pause and Play brings the sound back.

I have previously installed the MX Video Player, including the ARM codec, and this worked perfectly.  Now that too dies, so I have uninstalled it in case that ARM codec was at fault.  I have confirmed this codec and app are gone, but the problem remains.

Please let this not be a hardware issue.. boohooo...

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
lemurville
Visitor

I take it the screen is still on, i.e. the tablet's not going to sleep is it?

profile.country.en_GB.title
rdorian1
Visitor

I see something similar when streaming music after the screen times out.... shouldn't the music player stop the Wi-Fi from sleeping when DLNA is being used!?

Hope they fix that, wastes a lot of battery when listening to music 'cause you have to keep the screen on.

profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

hey Andy, no this isn't it going tosleep; it will simply stop playing music  altogether... today, for example, doing Skype to family, the sound just stopped altogether andto vget the mic to work again, I had to reset completely.  beginning to worry this is ahardware thing...

profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

OK so I still have this issue.  Am I the only one?  I have reripped CDs to AAC with a new app, tried different radio apps, and played over DLNA.  I still get this ocassional CLUNK of sound drop-out.  It seems to happen when WiFi is established.... Boohoo.  May need to contact Sony :slight_frown:

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

it is android software problems - not specific app, not hardware  - i believe.

profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

OH damn it really?  Do you have an article link to hand? I can go investigate...