Join now - be part of our community!

Stream (e.g. Flash) video from tablet browser to TV?

profile.country.en_GB.title
heavygoods
Visitor

Stream (e.g. Flash) video from tablet browser to TV?

Hi all,

Can't seem to find anything about this.  Currently I have a TV with a Media Centre PC running through which I get all my TV content and access iplayer, five on demand, 4od etc.  I'm about to buy a new TV and am looking to stop using the media PC (as it doesn't do a lot of things very well) - but one of the things I do a lot is access the likes of iplayer, 4od etc which the media centre DOES do well.

My question - with my new TV being DLNA compatible, is it possible to stream content from the browser (i.e. a video being watched on, say, 4od) on my sony tablet to the TV?  Or is it purely just content saved on the device that can be accessed via DLNA?

I realise that the TV will have access to a lot of the internet content sites, but I believe that whilst iplayer is covered, 4od and demand five are not - hence why it would be great if I could just "throw" these from the tablet to the TV.

It was always trumpeted that this device didn't need an HDMI out as the "throwing" capability would replace it...  but if this isn't possible then it's not quite the replacement it's made out to be...

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
lemurville
Visitor

Sony's media remote app had an update a while back that lets you catch and throw. Only works on certain TVs though. Have a look at the demo player inside the app. Doesn't with my TV so I can't say how good it is.

Else there's an app called Twonky.

heavygoods
Visitor

Nice one, ta - will take a look at twonky