Join now - be part of our community!

tablet constantly reboots when using 3G network

profile.country.sv_SE.title
soulskater
Visitor

tablet constantly reboots when using 3G network

Hi

I recently bought a Tablet S 3G on my work for evaluation for some of our customers.

when i insert the 3G sim the tablet starts to act funny, it reboots often and produces a lot of force close events on the softwares in the tablet.

If i remove the sim card and just use the wireless it works much better and rarely give any force close. the reboots are gone and it works like it should.

I have the latest update for the tablet installed.

Is there anyone else experiencing this behavior?

I got Telenor in Sweden as my 3G supplier.

Thanks in advance.

Marcus

Tags (5)
5 REPLIES 5
soulskater
Visitor

Just tested with another sim card from another operator, same result. :slight_frown:

will do a factory reset to see if that changes things, doubt it tho.

/Marcus

Message was edited by: soulskater

Message was edited by: soulskater

soulskater
Visitor

Sadly it only helped for a short while to reset the tablet.

It reboots constantly now again.

Whould be nice to know if this is isolated to my device or a recognized problem for tablet sold in Sweden/Europe or even in the rest of th world. :slight_frown:

/Marcus

profile.country.en_IE.title
mozzy22
Visitor

Hi Marcus, you're issue is not an isolated issue I am having the same issue on my home wifi network.

The tablet just goes into a reboot loop and the only way to stop it is to do a factory restore each and everytime the reboot loop starts. This happen at least 4 times a week.

I haven't had the time to call Sony on this issue but the shop where I purchased the device gave me a brand new replacement and I still have the same issue, which suggests its an issue with my wifi or router.

I will eventually find the time to address the issue, but if you find a soultion in the meantime please let me know.

soulskater
Visitor

have you had a chance to use the tablet before the latest update?

Might be a software problem but i will return mine for a new one anyway to see if that help.

/Marcus

profile.country.en_IE.title
mozzy22
Visitor

I have always been on version 3.2.1

Let me know if the new tablet resolves your issue