Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet s body/case

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
aph485
Visitor

Tablet s body/case

The dog has had its fun withmy tablet s whilst I was out and has chewed the case/body and smashed the screen.  Has anyone had a need for a replacement, and if so how much did it cost?  And it's the case not the dog I want replacing..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
skimpychimpy
Visitor

I would save your energy. I contacted them about getting the screen repaired and what the cost would be and after going round in cicles for week they wanted to charge me £170 for postage and diagnostics and then £320 for a new screen. After many letters and emails they admitted that it is not financially viable to repair the screen.

So you can tell them about your brand loyalty etc but at the end of the day they will always have the line that it was your (or your dogs) fault and that those prices are the lowest they can offer,

Good luck though but that is just my experience with them.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Wow, credit to you dog since the screen on the Tablet S is actually quite strong. As for obtaining parts, you may find something online but as for an official way of doing things, visit the link below as it may need to be sent away for repair. Costwise, I am not sure how it would work since the screen may be the entire front part.

Repair and Warranty

Best to make an enquiry to see what is mentioned.

Regards, Teshi

aph485
Visitor

Thanks for the reply. I am in discussion with Sony about the repair. They estimate the cost will be nearly the price of buying a new one, trying... and hoping..... to get this reduced. I have over r10,000 pounds worth of Sony gear in my houses and do not want this to ruin my brand loyalty. To be fair nothing has ever gone wrong before but now that something has, albeit my (dogs) fault, I do not want it to spoil things. Fingers crossed.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Is there any chance that your contents insurance would cover the repair?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
skimpychimpy
Visitor

I would save your energy. I contacted them about getting the screen repaired and what the cost would be and after going round in cicles for week they wanted to charge me £170 for postage and diagnostics and then £320 for a new screen. After many letters and emails they admitted that it is not financially viable to repair the screen.

So you can tell them about your brand loyalty etc but at the end of the day they will always have the line that it was your (or your dogs) fault and that those prices are the lowest they can offer,

Good luck though but that is just my experience with them.

aph485
Visitor

Thanks for the replies all.

went out and bought asus tf700 via amazon and i am extremely impressed. beats the tablet s on every front. so far as to say that in the next couple of years when i get around to replacing/upgrading my electrical goods i will NOT be buying any more sony equipment.

i knew exactly what needed replacing on the tablet s but sony insisted i still paid them to evaluate the damage. unhappy to say the least when told that the screen would cost £240 with no accompanying instructions for me to follow. give up and bought myself this cracking piece of kit i am using now. suffice to say that there is life outside the sony bubble and i certainly will be exploring the wider world.

Thanks once again all.