Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet S, Pictures and Readynas Duo v2

profile.country.en_GB.title
stumpysfriend
Explorer

Tablet S, Pictures and Readynas Duo v2

I have Tablet S upgraded with ICS. I use the standard supplied app "Album" and then select "online". My Readynas Duo appears and I select it, then "browse folders", then "pictures" and a list of folders containing pictures builds on screen. I select a folder, open a picture and then view the pictures by wiping the screen.

1. The first issue I noticed was not all pictures in a folder would display. It appears to stop stepping forward opening and displaying the pictures after it has found a video file. Remove the video file and it will continue on, but in some cases it will step over video files without any adverse effects.

2. The second issue and more serious is that it has not displayed all the available folders containing pictures. I know the folders and files are there, because I can display all of them on a laptop. Is there an artificial limit or restriction to the number of folders, number of files or total file combined files size? Is this something that should not happen? Is there a restriction I am not aware of?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

I think you found two bugs in the Album software.

I have marked your post as such for Sony people to look at.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Stumpysfriend,

sorry nobody has got back to you one this..:smileyconfused:

If you still have the problems you mentione could you answer a couple of questions please.?

stumpysfriend wrote:

2. The second issue and more serious is that it has not displayed all the available folders containing pictures. I know the folders and files are there, because I can display all of them on a laptop. Is there an artificial limit or restriction to the number of folders, number of files or total file combined files size? Is this something that should not happen? Is there a restriction I am not aware of?

1) How many files are displayed on the tablet?

2) How many should be displayed?

profile.country.en_GB.title
djruff
Visitor

Hi,

Sony's software issues runs deeper than the album software, I have a similar problem with Walkman software on a a new tablet S and Xperia T phone.

Briefly this is the problem;

Wireless Seagate Goflex and Iomega Home media drives, shared music folders, Apple and mp3.

Walkman finds the drives and folders.

Select an album, display tracks and this is where the wheels fall off - not all the tracks are displayed - ie an 11 track album only 9 tracks display and only 9 tracks play, either as mp3 or as Apple.

It is a definite software bug as SONOS sees and plays all tracks so that eliminates a drive / wireless connection issue.

This is the bit that will make Sony squirm, installing MediaHouse cures the problem, all tracks displayed, all tracks playable.

I've had some fruitless contact with Sony - they appear not to have the inclination / intelligence or the desire to offer a solution.

The solution is - try 3rd party software not sure what but when you find it pay for it - we need developers who have more motivation than Sony.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

djruff wrote:

Hi,

Sony's software issues runs deeper than the album software, I have a similar problem with Walkman software on a a new tablet S and Xperia T phone.

Wireless Seagate Goflex and Iomega Home media drives, shared music folders, Apple and mp3.

Select an album, display tracks and this is where the wheels fall off - not all the tracks are displayed - ie an 11 track album only 9 tracks display and only 9 tracks play, either as mp3 or as Apple.

It is a definite software bug as SONOS sees and plays all tracks so that eliminates a drive / wireless connection issue.

This is the bit that will make Sony squirm, installing MediaHouse cures the problem, all tracks displayed, all tracks playable.

I've had some fruitless contact with Sony - they appear not to have the inclination / intelligence or the desire to offer a solution.

The solution is - try 3rd party software not sure what but when you find it pay for it - we need developers who have more motivation than Sony.

Cheers

Thanks for the info djruff..:smileyhappy:

I have passed it onto our contact in Sony, if we receive any feedback we'll update this thread..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thalamus. wrote:

djruff wrote:

Hi,

Cheers

Thanks for the info djruff..

I have passed it onto our contact in Sony, if we receive any feedback we'll update this thread..

Hi djruff,

could you answer the following if possible please.?

Could you confirm if using the Media House solves the issue for both album and walkman apps?

Can you confirm that your Wireless Seagate Goflex, Iomega Home media drives, shared music folders, Apple and mp3. etc. were working ok before you installed the update.?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi djruff,

could you answer the following if possible please.?

Could you confirm if using the Media House solves the issue for both album and walkman apps?

Can you confirm that your Wireless Seagate Goflex, Iomega Home media drives, shared music folders, Apple and mp3.

etc. were working ok before you installed the update.?