Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet S will not learn

profile.country.en_GB.title
nathanbrazilsfsite
Visitor

Tablet S will not learn

One of the main attractions of the Tablet S, for me, was the universal remote function. I've had to teach each device individually button by button, which got the job done... until I came to my Onkyo TX-NR609 AV Receiver.

Absolutely nothing I have been able to do will make the Sony tablet learn the Receiver Mode command from the original remote. Yes, I've tried different angles and distances form the tablet, also different lighting conditions and length of button press. The strange thing is, most other buttons WILL map to the Sony from this remote, with no problem at all, Yes, the button still works fine on the original remote. The problem here is that the Receiver Mode button is quite important, and without this mapped to the Sony, I may as well not bother using the tablet as a universal remote, when using my Home Cinema set up. Which, as you can imagine, is hugely disappointing.

So, does anyone here have a clue as to why the Sony will not map this single key, and how on earth I can get past the problem?

Also, will someone at Sony please extract the digit and update the universal remote app so that it will allow actions, which Logitech with their Harmony range of controllers have been doing for years!

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.en_GB.title
NicholasKersov
Visitor

Yes, it really is counter productive. Either Sony are a) not competent enough to produce an app that does what it claims, or b) couldn't really give a damn once they have our money.

It's a shame, as in all other ways I am still pleased with my Sony tablet S. However, KNOWING that if something just doesn't work, more than a year later it still doesn't work has left a bad taste. My next tablet will definitely not be from Sony.

NK

Message was edited by: NicholasKersov

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

I wonder if this is problem off sony remote at all.

Do any similar remotes learn command thats what i am wondering.

Anyway meanwhile i succesfully learned my sony remote to add remote from my airco and media player :

Message was edited by: Zerokewl

Anyway if receiver mode button and tv mode button don't actualy send commands then perhaps its best sony add proper preset remote for each type onkyo av receiver.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

Good new's i found way to get net player controls working.

Their bassicly no IR command in receiver and tv mode.

They just change the way remote sends IR commands.

So if you want net controls to work for example its best to add another remote and first learn net command then the arrows return etc.

Same go's for bd/dvd or aux etc alway's start with aux then arrows.

Bassicly asuming it does't work for each selection learn input selections last except the one you need to work like net you learn first.

I hope this works for everyone.

anyway i just need net to work so i only need to learn 2 type remotes.

Anyway i managed to make remote work properly it works better then onkyo remote.

Glad i can now store away all my remotes taking up to much space :