Join now - be part of our community!

Tablets S Remote Control list of supported manufacturers?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
emtette70

Tablets S Remote Control list of supported manufacturers?

believe it or not this is the main reason why am buying this tablet as opposed to the Logitech Harmony 1100 which is £349 with obviously less functionality.

But I need to know that I can only support some of my A/V components etc.

Does anybody know where I can get a list of supported manufacturers for the universal remote control functionality?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

There is a massive list which I would take forever typing. Honestly the list is huge and not found an online one just yet.

I will take a video of the list but recommend popping to your local Sony Centre. The learning feature is great. Took me less than 20 minster to fully  program my BT. Vision and Xbox360. Very nice

y put together.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

There is a massive list which I would take forever typing. Honestly the list is huge and not found an online one just yet.

I will take a video of the list but recommend popping to your local Sony Centre. The learning feature is great. Took me less than 20 minster to fully  program my BT. Vision and Xbox360. Very nice

y put together.

profile.country.GB.title
emtette70

thank you for your answer, I bit the bullet and went to my local Sony Centre before I saw your answer anyway.

Bottom line is I'm very pleased with the remote control functionality even to the point that when it is docked in the cradle my AV equipment, which is in an awkward non-line of sight positions, has no problems with this extremely efficient tablet IR transmitter so I will have to return my Remote Infrared Repeater I bought just in case.

I was also considering buying the Logitech Harmony Link IR two RF booster hardware, as their database of compatible remote controls has always been the de facto standard but I don't think that will be necessary now.

Just a tip for those who are having to use the "learning functionality" as I had to do with just one of my three AV hardware, an obscure Gateway XHD 3000 monitor.

It takes a bit of trial and error whilst pointing your old remote control to the tablet in learning mode. I wasn't having success until I realise that I needed to release the corresponding button on the old remote control as soon as it is going through the detection and reading phase, indicated by a green progress bar, as if I didn't release it quick enough that particular buttons functionality wouldn't be stored correctly.

once I got the knack programming was much much quicker, often in the first attempt with that particular method.

R7chardw
Visitor

thanks for the tip on the learning process... I'm having trouble with some of my devices, including but not limited to my Revo Mondo internet radio.