Join now - be part of our community!

The Sixaxix/DS3 PS3 Controller doesnt connect

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
shdabin48

The Sixaxix/DS3 PS3 Controller doesnt connect

I have installed the Dancing pixel app as the compatibilty checker says it works now, I cannot get my PS3 game controller to connect to Sony S Tablet, it says download the six pair tool, I have but I cannot open the setup file so I cannot pair the controller to the Tablet...

Anyone successsful or how to?

TIA

Shane

skidpro
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
emtette70

I dont fine that to be the case, I have the android 3.2.1 release 2, Dec 2011 update and I just bought a PS3 DS3  for this reason and after the above upgrade + the RIGHT micro OTG sony s compatible USB off Ebay the DS3 now see's the DS3 wired + wirelessly.

Hope that helps others

View solution in original post

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

You do need the android 3.2.1 release2 update that is out in Japan and Canada but not yet Europe at the moment of posting (18-12-2011).

Once you have that update,

then you could try pairing your PS3 controler with a USB cable (one time) - as per Sony announcement.

then you could use sixaxis to pair without USB cable (one time) - supposedly, unconfirmed.

After that, the PS3 controler  works bluetooth-wireless with your tablet.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
praed0r
Visitor

Have you downloaded the 3.2.1 rev 2 update that supposedly supports the sixaxis ?

I have not got this update yet (UK) and when I run Pixel Studios compatability tester it still says I need Root.

shdabin48

The compatibilty checker says its ok, the S Tablet, so I bought the Dancing Pixel app, but I cannot pair the controller via USB as the six pair tool will not open when I have downloaded it, so PAIR on the app is not useable.......yes i have the latest updates. 3.2.1, doesnt say rev2, how do I get it? I have just had updates for Sixaxix compatibilty checker which now adds a pairing function, so its 2am now so, I will tomorrow, see if i can pair the controller as I dont want to be up all night doing it.....

Anyone successfully using controller with PS1 games on S Tablet? How did you do it? And what does the PC do? its not connected to my tablet so I dont understand pairing it to PC for the Tablet, it doesnt make sense, and last thing it was not pairing via USB on the tablet.....

Thanks for the help...any tips please...

skidpro
shdabin48

I cannot get this to work, it doesnt work, its a con......unless someone has instructions or Sony can provide instructions I would like to know why I cant connect a DS3 controller PS3 to my tablet.....the six pair app will not open...I wasted money on the sixaxis controller app...I am wasting time trying to connect...INSTRUCTIONs would be helpful....

oh well.....

skidpro
shdabin48

Thanks, I since read that the update is rolling out in Japan and Canada etc...so give it a couple days and see if it comes here...UK.

Noting else works, honestly, nothing....I cant be bothered anymore spending hours trying to pair the thing with 3rd party apps that say they work but dont....

Or I am doing it wrong...but an official update would be more approipate....

cheers

skidpro
profile.country.GB.title
emtette70

I dont fine that to be the case, I have the android 3.2.1 release 2, Dec 2011 update and I just bought a PS3 DS3  for this reason and after the above upgrade + the RIGHT micro OTG sony s compatible USB off Ebay the DS3 now see's the DS3 wired + wirelessly.

Hope that helps others

shdabin48

Thanks and many thanks for that, I thought the update was just skype, but I connected my DS3 PS3 controller and Voila! The tablet recognised it, paired it and I can play games wirelessly now too, so much easier playing PS1 games with DS3..thanks, I was waiting for the 3.2.2 update, LOL

YAYA!!

skidpro
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

You do need the android 3.2.1 release2 update that is out in Japan and Canada but not yet Europe at the moment of posting (18-12-2011).

Once you have that update,

then you could try pairing your PS3 controler with a USB cable (one time) - as per Sony announcement.

then you could use sixaxis to pair without USB cable (one time) - supposedly, unconfirmed.

After that, the PS3 controler  works bluetooth-wireless with your tablet.

zabius
Visitor

Wow.. I have bought an adapter can't wait to use a PS3 controller on this device 🙂

P.S Guys if you like gaming on your tablet try this..

http://www.onlive.co.uk/

This lets you play PS3 games on your tablet (YES I SAID PS3!) - Note decent broadband connection required.

shdabin48

ok can you stick to the tablet instead of advertising that online gaming service when we got Ps3/Tablets etc so why do I want that online gaming platform?

If you wanna play PS3 games buy a PS3 and keep physical copy of games......no streaming games!

NB:

3 Mbps or higher wired broadband Internet connection or optional Powerline, coax or Wi-Fi bridge Learn more >

I got 20MB download but get 1.5Mbps (off steam) and upload 0.5MBps so really you need a super duper internet connection.....50MB + plus £70 +games

PS3 £199, free internet (my O2 is 20MB for £8.13 per month)

Xbox 360 £150 £40 per year

Really it is up to you...I rather have dedicated machine....

Message was edited by: shdabin48

Message was edited by: shdabin48

skidpro