Join now - be part of our community!

video unlimited app

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mpattenden
New

video unlimited app

All just for you info if you haven't already seen try the app again - it should tell you to do an update and once it's done you see loads of vids some for rent some to buy - some expensive and some not so.

Regards

Padster

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Sorry I just checked and its slightly different, you pay for the rental and download it. You own it for 30 days and after that, it becomes unplayable due to the DRM. So if you forget for a month, then no dice. Pay again and redownload.

When you start watching the movie, it triggers another DRM action which then puts an expiry time of 24 hours on the movie, not 48 as previously mentioned. After that, it becomes unplayable also. So delete and move on to the next movie.

Not ideal for me since I do not always get time, maybe 20 minutes a day to sit and watch a movie.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

Only works in those countries where the service has been launched.

e.g. (uk-model) tablet from a netherlands' wifi network does not install the app yet. failed to download error.

profile.country.en_IE.title
elbaztardo
New

Hi, Ireland is listed as one of the countries it is available but it doesnt work. Any idea when it will be available?

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

My model updated fine (UK version). Nice titles on there. Not seen Green Lantern so might give it a go. Not keen on only being able to watch for 48 hours but and own for up to 30 days...

mpattenden
New

Haven't had time to actually play only browsed titles - the T&C's don't sound great.

Can you sum up Wata - I always take the word own to mean I own it - like forever!

Padster

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Sorry I just checked and its slightly different, you pay for the rental and download it. You own it for 30 days and after that, it becomes unplayable due to the DRM. So if you forget for a month, then no dice. Pay again and redownload.

When you start watching the movie, it triggers another DRM action which then puts an expiry time of 24 hours on the movie, not 48 as previously mentioned. After that, it becomes unplayable also. So delete and move on to the next movie.

Not ideal for me since I do not always get time, maybe 20 minutes a day to sit and watch a movie.

mpattenden
New

Wata,

This is awful. If I rent it and only get 24/48 hours fair enough it's like going to blockbuster or the like.

But if I buy a movie - I own it - should be no restriction especially at the prices.

Padster