Join now - be part of our community!

Viewing photos via DLNA

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pavr27
Visitor

Viewing photos via DLNA

Right, this is driving me nuts. i have a media server (tversity and windows media server) running on my networked pc. i have tried using various dlna apps (the in buid dlna app, upnplay, bubble upnp). all find my servers, allallow me to browse my files, all.allowmeto play music and video over the network, but none allow me to view photos. i am at a complete loss, i know the images are supported as they are jpegs. i can view them fine using a networked laptop, so i knowthey are available and not corrupt etc, but i just cant get to view network photos on my tablet!

please help before i chuck the tablet across the living room!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eddie86
Visitor

this talks about an issue in vista, but might give more details helpful to you

Ed

t.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/963106

Message was edited by: Eddie86

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Perky757
Visitor

I have recently brought a Sony Tablet S myself and I am also experiencing the same problem as you have posted. However, I have recently received a reply back from Sony Sony and they stated that the resolution of the photos may be the problem, as DLNA capable devices have limitations regarding the resolution of the file to be viewed. Currently I am at work so cannot test this, to do this you would either have to take a picture with lower resolution or edit the photo with editing software to change the resolution. However, they did not state what the max resolution is and was directed back to there support site but I cannot find any further info. Let us know if this has helped or if you find any other solution.

Eddie86
Visitor

this talks about an issue in vista, but might give more details helpful to you

Ed

t.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/963106

pavr27
Visitor

Thanks for this, but as you say, it refers to Vista and I cant find any similr info relating to Win7. It appears to be an issue relating to the tablet specifically, as I can view photos via dlna on other devises including my PS3 with no problems.