Join now - be part of our community!

When will Sony release a Sony Tablet S car charger?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
midi_man
Visitor

When will Sony release a Sony Tablet S car charger?

Does anyone know when/if Sony will release a car charger for the Tablet S?

Tags (4)
22 REPLIES 22
Eddie86
Visitor

To be honest this has really pissed me off.

If Sony had and has no plans to make accessories for the tablet they should have made the charging port a widely recognised one, usb as just one example. I have been recommending this tablet to my friends as being so user friendly in all aspects. This makes a mockery of that.

Ed

keiooz
Visitor

I just bought a car charger from somewhere. It is not a Sony brand, but I guess it will work. Will check later on.

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Nice!

Have you got a link to where you bought it from?

andrewstewart
Visitor

I agree with everybody. To produce a mobile device which uses a proprietary charger connection, and not to provide a mobile charging solution is unbelieveable. Get with the programme Sony - USB charging and mobile charger are minimum requirements these days.

profile.country.sv_SE.title
peal44
Visitor

Me to! Sony Tablet S will probably loose some market share within mobile car and marine if not solving 12V charging!

profile.country.sv_SE.title
peal44
Visitor

If there are no plans for an official 12V car charger - where to find an unofficial car adapter?

bam27beer
Visitor
profile.country.GB.title
marc141
Explorer

If you really suffer from a voracious need to charge your tablet whilst driving, this should do the trick:

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumb...

:slight_smile:

longtreeroad
Visitor

just use an inverter for now, but everybody is right so far, sony should bring out a 12v charge option. USB charging of this device is not possable as the device draws far too much power. I have always bought sony products over any other make, but I am begining to regret it, not giving a release date for ics really gets under my skin!

tisincl
Visitor

marc 141: my 'voracious need' is when using it as a sat-nav. Thanks for the link, which I'd seen eslewhere. Much to my surprise Homebase comes up with the cheapest option!